Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wireless adapter or access point issues on PC

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Over the past week or so, my PC keeps losing wireless connection to my router, and I am getting the message that there is a 'wireless adapter or access point issue.'

I upgraded to the new super router (Sagemcom?) some time ago, and everything was working fine.

I have Windows 10 running on a DELL Inspiron 3668 Desktop.

The wifi jut suddenly started dropping out periodically throughout the day and night when I am using my PC, and the only way I can 'restart' it is to go to the troubleshooter to fix it (which sometimes says it can't diagnose/fix), or to the manual connect option (despite having it set to auto-connect).  If all else fails I have to re-start my PC.

I have no idea why this is now happening.  It's becoming a particular problem as I work from home.

I have tried driver updates but they keep coming back as 'up to date.'

I tried a command prompt solution - reset, flushdns, etc.  Still not solved the issue.

I would note that this problem started not long after I had a big Windows 10 update sent to my PC, which was downloaded and installed. Is this the cause do you think?

A bit at my wits end here.  Any ideas??

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KTB100

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are any other devices affected? Have you tested different wireless channels on the router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

No problem with other devices so far (tablet, phone).

Would wireless channels be the cause?  How do I check this.

Thanks

KTB

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KTB100

Thanks for your reply.

This help page provides further information Change your wireless channel

Debbie