cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Would like Fibre speed boost to be removed please.

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Whizz Kid

Hi again.

I got the faster fibre speed boost added to my account, it was actually suggested by the loyalty team and as they were offering to me at half price, I thought why not, I will give it a go.

Unfortunately though the upload speed has increased, which I won't use much anyways, there is virtually no improvement on the download speed., getting around 36-37 and sometimes less connected by ethernet to the computer. I was getting more or less the same speed with normal fibre. I have tried all the normal stuff switching off router for 30mins etc.

So as there is not a noticeable improvement on the download speed I would be grateful if an OCE could remove this boost from my account, and just go back to the way it was normal fibre.

Many thanks

Joe

Joe
Community Star
Solution

Hi Joe,

I will ask an OCE to do this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Whizz Kid

Thanks so much Keith.

Joe

🙂

Joe
Whizz Kid

Well it does seem to have reverted to the old fibre small which is better and more consistent with a download speed around 38Mbps but I do notice that the faster fibre boost is still active in my account so would appreciate it if an OCE could remove that so as not to be charged in future months.

On a slightly unrelated note, probably my own fault I see to have reported a technical fault with the auto voice prompt software when I called Talktalk, so just saying everything is working fine with the normal fibre and phone.

Main thing is if that faster fibre boost can be removed from my account.

Many Thanks.

Joe

Joe