Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xbox won't connect to internet through wired connection

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

I have started my xbox today and found that it will not connect to the internet, have tried restarting it, and the router. 
Went in to the router hub to check settings, and the hub is showing nothing in wired ethernet connections, despite the xbox being connected by a wire, and working perfectly for the entire time we've had broadband with TalkTalk. 

It will connect through wifi, but is intermittent and unreliable. 

John Parsons
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jwest86,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer
It is now updated
John Parsons
Highlighted

Hi jwest86,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected. Could I just confirm, have you also tried factory resetting the router? If you've already tried this then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer
I haven't done a factory reset. But the router is working perfectly fine in every other regard.

You won't have detected anything though, as I have unplugged it in order to use the WiFi. As the xbox will not allow you to connect to WiFi with an ethernet cable plugged into it.
John Parsons
Highlighted

Hi jwest86,

Ok thanks for the update, would you like to try the replacement router?

Thanks