would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet again frequent WAN disconnects

Community Team
ParkerP
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I just wanted to update the post (I have also sent a pm) the engineer checked all internal cabling and was received errors on the tester and confirmed the issue was external cabling and would need some additional work (We later saw him lifting the manholes on the street) I then had to leave so didn't receive an update from the engineer the internet has been disconnecting still tonight.

Does this mean further works are needed? 

Community Team

Hi Lee

Thanks for your reply.

The fault is now showing as closed. Has the fault been resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player
Hi Debbie

So far the sync seems to be stable as of right not it's been connected for (11h18m52s) so I will continue to monitor.
I wasn't sure whether you were able to see what they did to resolve?
Community Team

Hi Lee

The notes only advise that work was completed outside the property.

Please can you continue to monitor the connection over the weekend and let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player

Hi Debbie

So far its definitely better WAN disconnects are much less frequent but they are unfortunately still occuring, That being said we have had very severe weather this weekend so I will continue to monitor

Community Team

Hi Lee

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post? Is the connection still dropping and does it appear to be weather related?

Thanks

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player
Hi Debbie

Not a problem, We are still seeing drops, unfortunately (but certainly less frequently) looking at the logs it lost connection again at around 5am this morning but has been connected since we have had a large amount of rainfall over the weekend and the engineer from OpenReach said this can have an effect if some of the cables are submerged that being said its dry today so appears to still be an issue

Thanks
Lee
Community Team

Hi Lee

Apologies for this.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults and I can see 1 re connection on the line today.

How many drops in connection have you had?

Thanks

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player
Hi Debbie

Yes today it was just the one overnight looking at the log files, Its tended to be overnight/early hours of the morning (When little to no usage is occurring) which is different as before it tended to disconnect during high usage (Large file downloads, HD streaming)

Thanks for your assistance
Lee
Community Team

Hi Lee

Thanks for your reply.

I will check the connection stats again tomorrow to see how many drops we can see and I'll post back on this thread tomorrow with further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Good morning Lee

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and I can only see 1 re connection yesterday.

How has the connection been for you since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player
Hi Debbie

Thanks for keeping me updated, Sorry for the delay I've just got home and checked the connection and it appears to be holding strong! So far current uptime is - 1d 15h14m14s which is a very good sign.
I will check again in the morning but by far the longest stable connection I have had for 2-3 weeks

Again thanks for your help
Lee
Community Team

Hi ParkerP,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

ParkerP
Team Player
Good Morning Debbie and Michelle

The connection is still stable and hasn't disconnect, Uptime is now 2d 03h13m32s so I think it's safe to say its resolved.
Thanks so much for your assistance

Kind Regards
Lee
Community Team

Hi Lee

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

ParkerP
Team Player
Hi Debbie

I am afraid to say the issues appears to be returning, Currently the connection appears to reach a maximum of around 2 days and then disconnect.
Is it possible to run another line test please?

Thanks
Lee
Community Team

Hi Lee,

Line test is passing but I can see that there have been reconnections. How long is the connection usually down for? Does the router automatically reconnect?

Chris

ParkerP
Team Player
Afternoon Chris

Yes router auto reconnects, Typically down for around 1-2 minutes (equivalent to manually rebooting router in reconnection time)

Kind Regards
Lee
Community Team

Does there appear to be any sort of pattern to the disconnections, do they seem to happen when you're doing anything in particular?

is the router situated closed to other electrical devices that could be causing interference? 

Chris