Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet again frequent WAN disconnects

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Chris

I have a dedicated comms cabinet under the stairs where the master socket comes in, There is a NAS box (currently powered off) and the router and a switch so nothing that would effect the router.

Strangely it appears to go offline at periods of no/little bandwidth usages (usually overnight or early hours of the morning)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ParkerP,

Thanks for the additional information. Could I just confirm, is there any noise on the line? Does it seem to be weather related?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Afternoon Michelle

It doesn't appear to be the case, I have turned off all nearby electronics to the router now to ensure its not that in anyway
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP,

Apologies if you've aready been asked this but are you experiencing any telepone issues, any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Afternoon

We don't have/use a phone the land-line is just used for broadband services

Highlighted

Hi Lee

Would it be possible to test the landline with a phone just so we can rule out any possible issues with the landline service (in case this is affecting the BB connection)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Good Morning

Sorry for the delay I've had to purchase a phone to test, I have tested this morning there was no noticeable noise on the phone when calling and the connection remain connected when making the call

Hope this helps
Lee
Highlighted

Hi Lee

Thank you for testing this.

I've checked the connection stats again and ran another line test and the line test is clear.

When did you last experience a drop in connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Debbie

Sorry I am working away currently so can't check but it did disconnect yesterday afternoon, strangely beforehand the WiFi devices struggled with connectivity and then shortly after and router rebooted after it lost its WAN connection
Highlighted

Hi Lee

Apologies, did this drop occur around the time I completed the line test (1.30)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

Its very possible, I have returned home from working away and checked the connection it looks to have dropped again 16 hours ago (around 7PM yesterday evening) is there anything else I can try as it seems to be returning to its previous levels of poor stability

Thanks
Lee

Highlighted

Hi Lee,

Could you monitor the connection over the weekend and can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check to see if there have been any further disconnections 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hello Chris

Yes I will, I am working from home today and the connection has literally just dropped (it does always instantly reconnected)
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP,

Thank you. I've tested the line again just now to see if it has detected anything and it's still clear. Did you notice any change to the router light? Could I also just confirm which make and model of router you have connected at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Michelle

I dont know the exact model but its the TalkTalk Wifi Hub (I also have the older router "Super Router" which I have also tried but had the same issues) The router is hidden under the stairs so usually when it happens and I head to look its already reconnected and back at a solid white colour, When connecting it just flashes amber
Highlighted

OK thanks. I've gone over the line history for the last 6 days, there's a 77 second drop showing on the 1st at around 17:45, and 79 second drop at around 6:30pm last night, wondering if the drops earlier today were anything to do with the line tests.

If you could bump the thread on Monday we'll take another look

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris

The line has just dropped again, This time it did take a manual reboot of the router to reconnect. I'm starting to wonder if it could also be an issue with the router?

Obviously there was originally an issue with the line, I do have the "older" TalkTalk router if its worth swapping this out with the Wifi hub?

The only issue is that router doesn't provide sufficient wifi coverage for my home but I'm happy to use it top test

Highlighted

Hi ParkerP,

Ok thanks. Would it be possible to connect this other router just to see if the stability improves?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Morning Michelle

Sorry for the delay, Yes I have just connected the original TalkTalk router now and will see if the stability improves

Thanks
Lee

Highlighted

Morning Lee,

No problem and please let us know how the stability compares 🙂

Thanks