cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet again frequent WAN disconnects

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Sorry for the delay I have been working away, I have checked on my return the current uptime is 6Days 7 hours which is pretty much an all time record so it looks like there may be an issue with the Wifi Hub router is the router covered by any warranty or will I have to purchase another?

Merry Christmas 🙂
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

It appears the issue isn't the router since posting the last update it's disconnected twice so it appears as I was working away all week under little/no broadband load it's stable but when I am home and heavily utilising the broadband appears to be the theme.

I am going to now switch back to the Wifi hub as the current router doesn't provide sufficient wifi signal internally.

Is there anything that can be done?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ParkerP,

DLM changed your profile yesterday to a slightly more stable one, could you monitor over the next couple of days and let us know if you're still experiencing disconnections

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks for the update, I'll monitor the line and report back.

Have a good Christmas
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP, I hope you had a great Christmas and have a fantastic New Year. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Morning Andy

Happy New Year 🙂

I am afraid I am still seeing frequent WAN drops typically not seeing more than 1 full day Sync currently, It looks to have dropped sometime around 1AM this morning.
Currently, sync speed is at 55Mbps Downstream and 19Mbps Upstream

Is there a more stable line profile available? I'm quite happy to sacrifice some more line speed in gain of stability I will be working from home 2 days a week this year and need constant internet connectivity for both my laptop and VoIP phone during office hours?

Many thanks
Lee
Highlighted

Hi Lee,

The drop this morning looks to have been a profile change. Unfortunately we can't manually change your profile, DLM assigns the profile automatically. Is the connection generally only down for a couple of minutes?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Good Afternoon

The issue has persisted since but typically been online for up to 7-8 days so hasnt been too much on an issue its now back going offline frequently sometimes within a matter of hours of the previous outage.
Can this be looked at urgently please my wife works for the NHS Supply Chain and its seriously effecting her working from home.

Is there a way to request a cancellation fee as I am going to look for another provider as the reliability has been nothing but an issue and we havent had any such issues previously

Thanks in advance
Lee
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Any update at all, Tried technical support but did the usual factory reset of the router which doesn't ever work.

Currently connected into the test port using and ADSL filter and still dropping frequently

Highlighted

Hi ParkerP

I'm really sorry about this.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Debbie
I do have an old TalkTalk router I can place on the line, we currently use the TalkTalk WiFi hub.
The drop outs are getting worse my wife works for the NHS supply chain and its seriously impacting her work to the point we've had to start using a 4G mobile broadband router and plan as our TalkTalk broadband is just too unreliable.

If I connect this router what can we expect done? As last time it was a bt line fault in which a engineer resolved onsite in the road
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you also use a different cable and filter when you connect up this router? If the connection continues to drop with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Debbie

Changed over to the old TalkTalk (D-Link) router it took quite a while to connect to the WAN and obtain external IP address, I have changed the ADSL filter and RJ11 cable too.
Its still currently plugged into the test socket underneath our FTTC OpenReach Mk2 filtered faceplate
Highlighted

Hi ParkerP

Thanks for your reply.

Have you experienced drops in connection since you changed the router over?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good Morning

So far the connection has been up for just over 13 hours so not yet, I will keep my eye on the connection stats.

Thanks

Lee

Highlighted

Hi Lee

That's great, please let us know how you get on.

If the connection does remain stable with this router then I can send you a new router (if you would like me to arrange this)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie 

Unfortunately as I expected the connection dropped around 11:45 AM requiring a physical reboot of the router to get reconnected using the older style router, whereas the new TalkTalk hub typically reconnects automatically.

Hopefully this proves its not internal or the router?

Can you advise when we can expect a BT/Openreach engineer please 

Highlighted

Hi Lee

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good Morning 

Just to update the connection is approaching nearly 2 days of WAN connectivity without dropouts which is great following the engineer enabling Interleaving on our circuit which is great. (previously drop happened every 2-4 hours, maximum 😎

One thing I have noticed is the download and upload speeds are significantly less, previously near 58-60Mbps downstream and 20Mbps upstream on the router and confirmed via speed test.

Currently, the sync speeds are the similar 54Mbps downstream and 16Mbps which I assume is the corrections made by the interleaving?

Actual throughput is 46Mbps Down and 14Mbps Up as I currently have the fibre speed boost  I am wondering if part of the issue could be the line trying to obtain speeds beyond whats stable?

(Just to clarify I'm not complaining I actually am very happy with these speeds and much prefer the stability/reliability over maximum performance)

I am tempted to remove the Fibre boost and allow the line to fall to the capped 40Mbps and 10Mbps speed as stability is more important than speed and wanted to see your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance and the assistance so far

Highlighted

Hi

DLM should reduce the speeds lightly to improve stability and this should not have a great impact.

If you do not require speeds above 40mb, then you can request the boost to be removed, but the addition of the boost itself will not cause any instability.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE