cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Yet another faulty router which keeps dropping connection...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

I changed to TalkTalk a month ago. What a huge mistake, my previous router and provider were excellent, but stupidly, I was tempted by the fixed price over 18 months, now I'm looking at a huge amount of work to get the contract cancelled for poor service or to take a massive financial hit and change back. I am appalled by the number of people on here reporting similar problems.

The internet connection comes and goes as it pleases. It rarely stays on for more than 30 mins, but mostly its a couple of minutes. It's driving me mad!! The router is their latest Sagemcom model. I was enraged last week when I received a text from TalkTalk saying they'd tested my internet and the speed was great...yes the speed is ok when it works for more than 2 minutes at a time!!!!

I am self-employed, working from home and I rely heavily on Wifi to earn my living. My small business uses the Wifi to power printers as well as apps which connect my computer to my iPad for graphic design. I have already wasted days trying to get my orders done while the internet goes on and off when it fancies. 

Things I have tried include changing the channels, moving the router as close as possible, reducing interference and resetting it. None of these things have improved it and I am struggling to find the time to actually fix it. I am furious that I am now out of the 14 day cooling off period because strangely enough the internet worked fine for the first 2 weeks?! Why should I have to spend hours trying to fix it? The internet worked perfectly on 2 different providers before I moved to TalkTalk so it's fairly obvious the problem lies with the service being provided.

I would be grateful of some suggestions of further things to try, but to be honest, having read over other peoples threads and the suggestions being made to them, it seems they are not finding a solution. Also, I don't see why I should have to waste my valuable time messing about with it at all, it should just work like all the other internet providers I have used!

Highlighted
Participant

This sounds so familiar and please do have a look at this thread too.  I'm having exactly the same issues and am now on month four trying to solve exactly what you're describing.  Three engineer visits later and I'm being advised that the only route forward is another engineer's visit.

I'm now logging this information as a route to break the contract for failure to provide contracted service and also logging all the disconnections. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Impotent-technical-support-to-solve-unreliable-f...

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @sj186 ,

Is your router actually dropping its connection to the internet, or is it that your devices are losing their Wi-Fi connection to the router ?

It sounds like you have already tried lots of things to sort this out, but it can't hurt to let the TalkTalk staff on this forum have a look at your connection and router, to see if they can assist.

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check your connection and router.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks for your quick response, that's really helpful advice. I will update my info and see if they can help identify the problem!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sj186

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to have remained stable since 20/07.

When did you last experience a drop in connection?

Thanks

Debbie