Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Your system says nothing wrong

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Your system says nothing wrong with service but no one seems to check my line after 8 pm at night when my line speed drops your line system says nothing is wrong but I  just get few meg download  speed so virtually  nothing between 8 p.m. and 12 a.m. then it seems to work again fine and if you check it in the day I get about 35 Meg download if you check in at 8 or 9 or 10 at night it's goes down to about 1 Meg but after 12 a.m. I get 76 Meg download speed I've rebooted the router and checked the line hundreds of times this is been going on for weeks and weeks and no one seems to want to know and when I do need help the chat is always closed

Highlighted
Community Star

Is this speed measured via a speed test, or is it the router's downstream line rate that drops? If the former is the speed test done on a wired (Ethernet) or a wireless connection?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
The speed is measured by the talk talk app but have done many tests on other speed test all the same tried earthnet and WiFi the line never drops it's the speed that drops I I caught the BT engineer in the box at the end of the Street he said the fault will be in the box that I'm working in on but they would have to have a call from TalkTalk to get it fixed
Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks for helping out as it feels like I am banging my head against a wall when they say they've checked the line and is nothing wrong but they're always checking it in the daytime and not the evening or night is when I have no internet speed
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well just by chance there was a BT engineer in the box at the end of the Street but unlucky for me he was not fixing my fault.but after explaining what was happening he said its most probably in the box at the end of the Street as we HAVE had many faults to this box but he could not check my line as TalkTalk has to raise a ticket before BT openreach can check the line

Highlighted
Popular Poster
  • Screenshot_20200406-184108.png

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20200407-185750.png

 another day another test and no one can help what a joke

Highlighted
Community Star

@Ant50001 , sorry the thread will keep going back in the workflow if you keep lengthening it with further posts.

It can take several days for an OCE to reach you to reply, so best to wait. It entered the workflow queue yesterday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20200407-204416.png

 o look at this fantastic speed I getting from TalkTalk lol

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well another week has passed and it's still not fixed and on my account it just says a bright spark needs to call if only.

so 7 days has passed and nothing has happened and on my account it just says fault detected wait another 7 days and call us to make an appointment. It's just a joke when you can't even get through to make appointment anyway  

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well I have given up in here I contacted these people now as it seems you have to listen to these people

People can make a formal complaint to CISAS, an Ofcom approved dispute resolution scheme.

Call: 02075203827,

email cisas@cedr.com

Speed is still Rubbish 

Screenshot_20200416-092616.png

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Well I have given up in here I contacted these people now as it seems you have to listen to these people

People can make a formal complaint to CISAS, an Ofcom approved dispute resolution scheme.

Call: 02075203827,

email cisas@cedr.com

Speed is still Rubbish 

Screenshot_20200416-092616.png

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Good Afternoon,

I can see the broadband is in sync at 80mg today. The speed tests show the line getting sync of 39mg but I can see 6 other devices connected that will be taking some of the sync speeds, Please can you remove all the devices and re-run the speed tests with just one device connected via ethernet and the sync speed should then improve.

Many Thanks,

Matt