Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

boradband lagging

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

For the last 3 weeks ive been having an issue where my internet randomly starts to get really laggy to pthe point i can use my internet at all but the computer (connected to the router via cable) and mobile phone say im connected still to the internet and the router still shows connected.

It doesnt work again till i restart my router ive changed my ip 3 times just incase it was a ddos but its still happening sometimes its 10+ times a night other times its only once or twice.

ive contacted talktalk threw live chat and all i get is your lines fine do you want to upgrade to our wifi booster, even tho i told them i dont really use wifi. and its at the point i have no idea what else to do and im at the point where i feel i need a new provider.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chris1111,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Michelle

all updated apart from my talktalk number which ive never known since joining talktalk.

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

We'll need either your TalkTalk landline telephone number or your TalkTalk acount number so that we can identify you on our systems. If you dial 17070 from your landline the number will be read back to you, alternatively the information will be on your TalkTalk bill

thanks

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi chris

ive added my account number to where it asks for the talktalk phone number hopefully this is ok, if not am i able to post my account number in a messages here?

thanks

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the account number 

Line test isn't picking up any issues and your rotuer is in sync at 69.0Mbps. Have you noticed if, when it gets laggy, there is anything being downlonaded or uploaded on another device?

Chris