cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

broadband speed issues, talktalk fobbing me off.

yatznet
Team Player

can i get a update please

Yatznet
Community Team

Hi yatznet 

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

yatznet
Team Player

i'll look forward to it 🙂

Yatznet
Community Team

Hi yatznet

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

yatznet
Team Player

i have responded to that message

Yatznet
Community Team

Hi yatznet,

Thanks for the PM, I've passed on your availability to our network team. We'll let you know when we receive confirmation of date/time slot booked

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi yatznet,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for tomorrow 19/07 AM (08:00-13:00). - please let us know how you get on

Chris

yatznet
Team Player

engineer has been and gone. he couldn't find a fault on the line, but couldn't get the line to sync either, he has replaced the master socket with a pre filtered one cos the other one was obsolete "obsolete is his word" and reset DLM now im getting speeds of 17.8mbps but im expecting this to drop over the next few days cos dlm will have to monitor for errors etc. but 17.8mbps is faster than i have ever got on talktalk. even when talktalk was first installed i only got 14mbps. so both myself and the engineer are thinking it could be the obsolete phone socket  causing the drop, i guess time will tell i will continue to monitor this.

now other than monitor my speeds to find out if i drop below minimum again the only other thing i need to find out is whether or not im going to get charged for this visit.

Yatznet
yatznet
Team Player

Annotation.png

how can you send me a text apologising for not being able to fix my problem when my problem is speed which as you can see above is now clearly better than my line is expected to get? i think someone jumped the gun on that text.

Yatznet
Community Team

Hi yatznet

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

yatznet
Team Player

brilliant. seems to be holding at around 17.6mbps which is more than what i expect for my line

Yatznet
Community Team

Hi yatznet

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

CaptJohn
Team Player

Beware of being fobbed off by TalkTalk technical department on the Chat line. My problem is a speed reduction caused by a noisy line. This was explained to me by a BT Openreach engineer when I had the same problem a while ago.

This is how it goes: Noise on the line causes a drop in speed as it is trying to compensate for the interference. When the noise disappears or is cleared up the speed remains slow as it will not automatically reset. It has to be reset to its optimum value by (probably) BT Openreach.

The BT Openreach engineer told me that the TalkTalk "technical" department will only have a limited knowledge of this and will go through their standard procedure of sending a new router (unnecessary).

When I try to explain this to the technical department they do not listen. Neither do they refer back to historical data. I don't blame them really. They have limited knowledge and limited resources. They just have written procedures and the ability to keep on sending out new routers.