Did you mean: 
Need help?

broadband speed slow help

67 REPLIES 67
tinbin
Conversation Starter

my board band speed  was  36megs    now has drop to 27megs   and my 

upload speed   as drop from 10megs to  5megs   i have  compained  about this

a few time now  and nothing has been gone   not a happy bunny here....  

funny  cost  my speed was all good till  i renewed my contract  and a few days later

my  speed was cut  down..........

thanks   craig eades

tinbin
Conversation Starter
also i cannot get in my accounts i get this

We're Sorry, My Account is currently unavailable
tinbin
Conversation Starter
waste of time no one wants to help 3 phone calls to fixing my problem why i bother with talktalk
i have years of good service and now and i my renew contract and my service to to *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* slow speed they cannot fix
2 week later still not fix..........

well virgin or bt here i come

Community Team

Hi tinbin,

Apologies for the delay, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

I've run a line test, sync speed is currently 38Mbps, have you noticed and improvement over the last couple of days?

Are you still unable to access My Account?

Chris

tinbin
Conversation Starter

my account is ok now i can get in

my broadband is not good am not getting 38 megs am getting 29 megs 3500 kb/s just did a test
38 megs should be around 4500 kb/s also my upload speed should be 10megs am getting less than 5megs
this as been going on now for neally a month wish i never took out a new contract was all good before that
never had a problem with talktalk.....

thanks craig eades

from my router 

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):  5000     
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):  39806        am not  getting  this speed  

speed test 
ping     14ms
download   29.17
upload    2.19
tested on two pc   both same...

Community Team

Thanks for the information

Your speed test results will always be lower than the sync speed (usually around 80% of sync speed)

Can you run a couple of speed tests at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Thanks
Chris

tinbin
Conversation Starter
All done!
We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

29.4 Mbps
Your average download speed
4.5 Mbps
Your average upload speed
If you’re not happy with these speeds, or you’d like more detailed information, please take a Service Status Check. It’s a more advanced tool that will give you a clear idea of how well everything’s working and where problems might be occurring.
tinbin
Conversation Starter
All done!
We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

29.4 Mbps
Your average download speed
4.5 Mbps
Your average upload speed
If you’re not happy with these speeds, or you’d like more detailed information, please take a Service Status Check. It’s a more advanced tool that will give you a clear idea of how well everything’s working and where problems might be occurring
Community Team

Thanks for running the tests. The throughput speeds are within the range that we'd expect for the sync speed - did you run the speed test on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable?

Chris

tinbin
Conversation Starter
yes i did
Community Team

OK thanks. As I said the speed test results are within the range that we'd expect for you sync speed

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket

Thanks
Chris

tinbin
Conversation Starter
just the one socket normal bt socket i have 2 pc contected to Ethernet cable

was all working great 1 month ago had no problems all speeds was brill 36megs and 10megs upload...
been great for years ive change nothing my end

thanks craig

Community Team

Hi tinbin,

Thanks for confirming this. Could I just confirm, have you tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed again?

If the throughput speeds are a lot lower than the sync speed then this can sometimes resolve this as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

tinbin
Conversation Starter
wow what every u did that fixed my download speed thanks a lot

can u do the same to my upload speed plz its around 3 megs should be 10 megs

thanks craig
Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you now leave the router switched on without rebooting over the weekend? We can then check the speeds again on Monday to see if DLM has made any changes.

Thanks

Debbie

tinbin
Conversation Starter
will do thanks
i hope it fixes me upload speeds too

Community Team
tinbin
Conversation Starter
sunday
my download and upload speed just dropped speed

craig
bratpat
Popular Poster

I've been having a running battle over my download speed for a few weeks now. The 38mps that I've had since upgrading to Faster Fibre in March 2017 has dropped to 27mps then 15 to 20 and yesterday an all time low of 6.5. At the moment it's 11.84. The upload speed stays constant at around 6.3 however. The technical team is supposed to be working at it but it's just getting worse. The chat line is a waste of time as you have to keep repeating the story to different agents and get nowhere. The complaints feedback system doesn't seem to understand that UK time is 8 hours behind the Philippines and phoned this morning while I was still in bed. Patience is getting thin.

Patrick John D'Arcy
ferguson
Community Star

@bratpat If you would like help with your issue then do start your own topic.