Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

can a Oce_ check if DLM is active after speed boost was added please

37 REPLIES 37
Col_J
Conversation Starter

current speed 37.5mbps down 18.6mbps up ping is 20,my down speed is identical to before boost my up is obviously double was around 9, any help would be greatly appreciated ty.

Gamer and occasional streamer
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Col, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. I think you will find dlm is always active, you might try rebooting your router. Either way I'm sure the team will be in touch soon

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Col_J
Conversation Starter

Hi Divsec thanks for response i will reboot the router,pretty much the same after reboot.

Community Team

Hi Col_J,

Your sync speed is 48.3Mbps so could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and run a couple more speed tests - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Col_J
Conversation Starter

Ok Chris will do thanks for the response 😉

Community Team
Col_J
Conversation Starter

Ok Chris,looking at router in system information sync has dropped a little but speed or DLM might of kicked in a little will monitor it see how it goes

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Community Team

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Col_J
Conversation Starter

Will do, i will leave it overnight let DLM work and post in the morning if i have time, thanks for the help though appreciate it 👍

Col_J
Conversation Starter

clipboard_image_0.png

Birchcroft
Wise Owl

Hi ColJ

I had a similar issue when the speed boost was added.  The sync rate, up and down, increased almost immediately as did the actual upload rate.  The actual  download rate however took a couple of days to increase and coincided with a change of line profile from interleaved to fast.  Since then a range of speed tests show a download rate of ~65Mb/s but, as in your screenshot, the TalkTalk line check reports a fault and says the line speed can be improved, even though from my point of view everything is OK.  I suspect that it is probably a problem with the line checker and the fact that it is still showing the same expected rate as before the boost was applied.  OCE_Debbie has asked me to rerun the line test in a couple of weeks and see if it still reports a fault.  My thread is:  Possible Speed Problem after Speed Boost Added 

Community Team

Hi Col_J

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 60mb. What speed are you now receiving when running speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

Col_J
Conversation Starter

Hi OCE_Debbie this is talktalk speedtest today sorry im a little slow on response im a little busy atm

clipboard_image_0.png

Community Team

Hi Col_J

No problem. The throughput speed (speed test) looks good based upon the sync speed.

Please can you leave the router switched on without rebooting and post back on this thread on Thursday. We can then check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any further changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Col_J
Conversation Starter

Not sure what is going on don't think DLM has made a change for a few days,was at 60mbps down last night, now i get

clipboard_image_0.png
Community Team

Hi

DLM profile is set at 80mb.  Sync speed is showing at 63.3mb.

Where these speed tests over wifi ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Col_J
Conversation Starter

Hi karl, no ethernet wired was 60 last night woke up and its at around 30 still is i might try turn router off for 30 mins,i left it alone after OCE_debbie i think it was asked me too and it has been stable.

Community Team

Hi Col_J,

Please let us know if there any improvement after router off for 30 minutes

Chris

Col_J
Conversation Starter

ok after more than 30 mins

clipboard_image_0.png

Community Team

Thanks for that, glad to see there's an improvement. Could you run a few more speed tests over the weekend and let us know how you got on, on Monday

Thanks

Chris