Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

can i get an dlm reset help

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

i talked to an guy on live chat , my speed had drop cuz we had an power cuz the speed had not gone up i have try reseting like power off for 30 mins puting it back on i was geting 80mb+

as you can see from my IP profile , you can see my max is 88mb but as the power cut my speed drop to 76mb and as am in with in my minimum guarantee talktalk will do noting , am just sad i just want my speed i had b4 the power cut , my ping was -10 now its 20+ he said he can send an engineer out but i need to pay 40£, all i need is an dlm reset and i will be fine can mods do this for me so i can not need to send out this guy just for an reset??

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]
Line 1
DownstreamUpstream
Highlighted
First Timer

re posting this cuz you can not see it full
Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps] 76186 20000
Maximum Rate [Kbps] 88134 20000
Noise Margin [dB] 6.10 12.50
Attenuation [dB] 13.40 0.00
Power [dBm] 12.90 4.80

Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk cannot arrange a DLM reset without an Openreach engineer being involved. If the drop in sync speed was caused by a temporary problem then DLM should restore it to the higher level over a period of time. The fact that it is near the top speed possible means it is unlikely that any engineer intervention is likely.

Nevertheless, if you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

A line rate of 76mb is still very good and not much lower than the maximum so performance wise you should not see any deterioration.

DLM may increase over time provided the line is stable and any errors low.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE