Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cant appear to get fibre ??

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

how do i get onto the database as when i try to get fibre i cant as my number isnt on a database

Highlighted
Community Star

Not sure what you mean there, do you currently have a broadband service with TalkTalk, or another provider?

Highlighted
First Timer
yes im with talk talk and been trying to find out why i cant get fibre packages it says there is no data available for my phone number
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, where are you checking this? The BT number checker only recognises BT lines, try using this address checker, what does that tell you?

Highlighted
First Timer

i did both phone number then address this is what i get

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it
is a new BT number that has just been provided.
Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line

ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1.5 -- 1 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
ADSL Multicast Available
FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

Highlighted
Community Star

Well then it doesn’t look like it’s available to you I’m afraid.

Highlighted
First Timer
this may sound strange but how come my friends in the same street have it?
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @peterplods

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks