Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cant connect to works VPN

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my works VPN so i can work from home however it will not allow me to connect to it.

I have spoken to my works I.T deparmtent and they have advised that it is an issue with my broaband or my router.

I am currently using a Huawei DG8041W

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

There are no known issues with VPN & this router.

What VPN client are you using & does the IP address allocated to your PC, if it was able to connect, conflict with the 192.168.1.0/24 IP network?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Keith,

thanks for coming back to me so quickly,

the VPN is L2TP Ipsec.

i have been given a base unit by my company which is locked down so i am not able to see the I.P address for it.

thanks,

Highlighted
Community Star

No that is the standard VPN protocol it uses, I need the make and product name of the VPN Client.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Keith It's justa standard Microsoft ad vpn

Highlighted
Chatterbox

this also has around another 100 people on the server with other talk talk users having the same issue which was resolved after a new router was provided

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Please if someone knows how to resolve this or if talk talk can provide a new router please help.. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I work for a small telecomunications company and would like to state that telecomunications are regarded as keyworkers i am astonished that a company like talk talk are uncontactable during the on going crisis once able to i will be leaving 

Highlighted
Community Star

As I said there is no known problems with this router & VPNs, but I am trying to help you, I am still waiting on the answer about the IP address allocated you, does it clash with your local IP addressing scheme. However, as this is not forthcoming, I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for your help and hopfully talktalk can fix this issue

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi PPBroadband

I'm sorry for the delay.

This router should work ok with VPN.

I'm unable to connect to your router to check the firmware version. Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try this again.

Thanks

Debbie