Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

connection dropouts, and fluctuating speeds

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I need help, my my connection keeps dropping out, and speed keep fluctuating. Openreach came out fixed something outside, and replaced master socket. After a few hours it went back to the problems. I called tech support over the next two days,and its still not fixed. Currently ive got the line conneted to the test socket, still not changed. Im starting to get fed up now. Please help or i will have to look into cancelling contract.

Highlighted
Team Player

This is probably down to TalkTalk being unable to provide the service they once did, and unlikely to be a technical issue your end.  This forum is littered with people having their internet connection repeatedly dropping.  Read the Trustpilot reviews - every other one is about connections dropping - and yet no one at Talk Talk seems able to admit and address that THEY have a problem.  This is my log from the past 2 days:  8 disconnections since this morning alone:

Capture2.JPG

Fortes
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ive been a customer with talktalk around two years now, and to be fair this is the first time i have had problems with the service. One thing ive noticed is that my connection can stay stable for a few hours without issue, but all of a sudden it just goes. its really noticeable when watching a 4k netflix stream and all of a sudden drops to 360p before losing connection completely. Tech support seem useless when i ring, we just go through the same scripted routine where they acknowledge i have a issue, manage to get me back online again, before it breaks down again. Last time i rang though i chucked my toys out the pram and got them to arrange a new router to be sent. Dont know when that will arrive. Hopefully thats the problem.One thing i know is at the end of my contract i will be swapping providers. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi gareth,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now.

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore by Thursday then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks very much. Thanks for looking into this, the tech support on the phone i was not getting anywhere.

Hopefully this fixes it, because im becoming frustrated. 

Highlighted

Hi gareth,

No problem and please let us know if you don't hear anymore by tomorrow.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So got fixed for about 3 or 4 days, now back to square 1. Had an absolute gutful of talktalk now. Can't seem to get any help from the call centre dime bars. Currently no INTERNET having to use my more reliable phone 4g. How do I get the ball rolling to leave talktalk penalty free? I want to leave. How do I put in a complaint? And don't say sorry, that *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* drives me up the wall 

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I also notice I now have no dial tone. Its all falling to *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*.
Highlighted

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Chatterbox

An engineer is supposed to be coming today? Wtf is going on. 

Highlighted

Hi

Line tests are failing with a hard fault - that is a clearly defined fault on the line.

I've logged this to Openreach requesting an engineer to be dispatched and rectify this fault before we can move forward.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

You don't understand, I was on the phone with tech support last night. They arranged an engineer to come out today. I was told to be in for between 1 and 6. I've booked time off work to be here. Are they still coming or have you wasted more of my time?

Highlighted

Hi

If you were on the phone to support and only stated you had a problem with the internet, then they will have looked to book an engineer to look at the internet side of things.  As you have mentioned that your phone is not working, this prompted me to run a line test on the voice side of the circuit.  This has indicated an issue and does need to have a line engineer look at this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So none of you seem to have an idea what's going on. Great job. I've put up with three weeks of this now. Paying for a service that doesn't work. Its shocking. I can't just leave, because I'll be punished with early termination fees. So unfair. I *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* detest talktalk. Should of stayed with BT.