Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

crackly phone line effecting broadband badly

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Noise on the line i need an engineer please im in the test socket using a microfilter.

broadband speed has been cut in half and is unusable at the moment.

7.6 dB / 14.2 dB
6.5 dB / 27.3 dB
5.1 dbm / 5.1 dbm
555 kbps / 8799 kbps
0 / 0
0 / 0
141 / 141
0 / 3847

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @stokeash

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi stokeash

The usual line tests are clear.

can you confirm the line is noise when tested with an alternative handset at the test socket ?

Once confirmed we can then begin the process for an engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Hi, Karl the tests are pretty much useless they never find anything haha, Having said that I think the noise is coming in bursts/ periods its causing loads of disconnections I cant stay connected for longer than 24hr and latency and speed is massively effected . I'll have another test later.
Highlighted

Ok, let us know when checked and we'll take it forward.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Hi, I'm having a massive amount of disconnects now but the noise seems to have gone? I literally had about 20 disconnects yesterday the router is all over the place, could you run tests again because surely it'll pick this up? Thanks Karl.
Highlighted

Hi stokeash,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Have you recently tested with an alternative router, microfilter and adsl cable?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi could you please test again as the test on here is now picking up the disconnects and the speed has dropped from 18mb to 11mb theres something wrong for sure. This is in the test socket.

Highlighted

Hi stokeash 

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Have you recently tested with an alternative router, microfilter and adsl cable?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Hi Debbie yes I have I’ve been having trouble since I first reported it. The lines never been good here but it’s never been this bad. 18mb down to 11mb is very noticeable.

Problem is I don’t know if it’s a broadband fault or line fault but something is causing disconnects constantly I have to say talk talks fault finding tests aren’t awful they never find anything anything.

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi stokeash

Thanks for your reply.

If you have tested with a different router, filter and cable at the test socket then this will rule out any possible issues with internal wiring or equipment.

Would you like me to raise this over to our Network Team for investigation?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Yes pleas Debbie.

I feel I have done all the testing and checking possible my end and I don’t have any internal wiring apart from the phone and router so it can only be some sort of network fault.

Thank you
Highlighted

Hi stokeash,

Have you tested with a different telephone or with the telephone disconnected, just to eliminate the telephone as a potential cause of interference?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Hi, Yes I have had the phone disconnected altogether for hours and it’s still disconnecting.

SNR Margin: 7.5 dB / 12.3 dB
Line Attenuation: 6.1 dB / 26.8 dB
Output Power: 5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
Data Rate: 568 kbps / 9999 kbps
ES: 0 / 5
SES: 0 / 0
UAS: 217 / 217
FEC: 0 / 121129
CRC: 0 / 8

I’m now under the promised speed range as well for the broadband.
Highlighted
Chat Champion
Speed has gotten worse down to 8mb now which is basically adsl. I think I’m going to try changing isp unfortunately.
Highlighted
Chat Champion
Line State: up
Modulation: ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
Annex Mode: ANNEX_B
DSL (Sync) Uptime: 1d:0h:4m:37s
UpLink / DownLink
SNR Margin: 7.8 dB / 12.7 dB
Line Attenuation: 6.2 dB / 26.8 dB
Output Power: 5.1 dbm / 5.1 dbm
Data Rate: 561 kbps / 8799 kbps
ES: 0 / 212