Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

disable the optimisation technology on my line

25 REPLIES 25
moonmoon
Popular Poster

want to change the wifi channel 

rang help, they said they would have the optimisation technology on my line turned off

over 2 weeks ago but it hasnt happened

can someone on here do it

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @moonmoon ,

Assuming you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub then the staff here can turn that behaviour off for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi moonmoon,

Can I ask why you want to have wifi optimisation switched off? We recommend leaving it on as it generally provides better wifi connectivity

Chris

moonmoon
Popular Poster

the router auto chooses channel 6 which is really heavily congested with other users, i get lots of interference so need to change to a different channel.

chrisg4kvi
Team Player

Same here. Its not exactly intelligent when it puts every Talk Talk router on the same channel. Why can't Auto be Auto, and manual be manual?? 

OCE_Chris

OK moonmoon, I'll take a look at this now and get back to you when I've disabled it

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi chrisg4kvi,

If you need assistance can you start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi moonmoon,

I'm unable to communicate with your router at the moment, could you switch it off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on. Could you let me know when you've done this and I'll have another go

Chris

moonmoon
Popular Poster

been out but my router is on now

OCE_Chris

Hi moonmoon,

I've disabled wifi optimisation as requested 

Chris

moonmoon
Popular Poster

no you havent its still reverting back to channel 6

OCE_Chris

I've checked and it's definitely switched off, could you try changing the channel again please

Chris

chrisg4kvi
Team Player

I think there is some confusion. There were two of us asking the question and mine currently seems to be OK.

OCE_Chris

I've checked again and moonmoon's if definitely switched off.

moonmoon
Popular Poster

still reverting to 6

OCE_Chris

OK thanks, is your router currently switched on, I can't communicate with it again?

Chris

moonmoon
Popular Poster

its on now

OCE_Debbie

Hi moonmoon

Do you switch your router off over night?

Thanks

Debbie

moonmoon
Popular Poster

yes i do

only use it for a few hours in the morning

like now

OCE_Debbie

Hi moonmoon

For fibre connections we advise leaving the router switched on. If the router is switched off and on often then this can affect the sync speed.

The Wifi optimisation has been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie