Did you mean: 
Need help?

dlink fibre router failing

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player

Hello,

I have always connected with my laptop from the same position in my home for the past 14 years, as you can imagine technology has advanced however lately I am getting extremely bad ping and lag spikes on my windows 10 MSI laptop with the killer wireless 1535 adapter and drivers using the killer control center software, I have reset my adapter and reinstalled drivers. I have also reset the dlink fibre router/modem however it does not seem to be performing as it used too. I have tried talking to talktalk support who stunned me with there responce of trying to sell me a range extender on a 86% signil ( I explained to them during security questions i am not the account holder) and i am getting speeds of less then 10mb at times and massive lag spikes on the most simple of games like CS:GO 

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi @chris01695 your post has been flagged for assistance, how is your phone connection any unusual noise. Your router appears to be about 2 years old so might be needing fresh firmware.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player

hi divsec the phone connection seems fine however i dont use it much 

Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player
Device Information
Hardware Version:
A1
Firmware Version:
v1.10t
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player
yes please
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi chris01695

I can send a DSL3782 or a HG633 router, which would you prefer?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player
DSL3782 please
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi chris01695

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player

hello, the newrouter has came and fromthe exact same position with my laptop over wireless i am now getting speeds of 31mb download 8mb upload. With the other router of the same model I was getting 25mb mb download at most along with the dns problems. Should i send the other router back to you?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi chris01695

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Yes please, did you receive a returns bag for your old router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
chris01695
Team Player
I didnt, however i could send it back with the returns bag that came with the new router?
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi chris01695

Yes that would be great, thank you.

Debbie