Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

faster fiber not connecting

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Team Player

Had a house move on 27th of last month and services were supposed to go live at the new apartment on 2nd of this month. There were no problems in the old house. With the move, i also accepted a paid speed increase to 70 MBPS from 30 MBPS.

Oct 2: Engineer visits to setup, even though i got a text stating that no engineer is required.

Oct 3: Internet is not active yet. TalkTalk Hub has white and orange flashing alternatively.

Oct 4: contacted chat team and was told some reset has been done, have to switch off for 30 minutes and power ON again.

Oct 4: after this Internet is connected.

Oct 4 to Oct 8: works sort of ok, with frequent "No internet" message in home Laptop. with speed only in 30 MBPS range.

Oct 8: I switched off and ON the router and it would not connect to internet. Contacted chat and said router needs to be replaced even after telling it was working fine until the power cycle...

Oct 10: new router arrives and no surprise, does not connect. Orange light keeps blinking. spoke with chat who insisted i have to be at home to run some tests. had to windup early from work and reach Home. At a new chat session had to start all over again only to be told there is a engineer scheduled for visit (why did I leave work early?). Suspense on when he will call and arrive and identify the problem.

Why does this has to be so difficult? Any idea what is going on???

thanks

Kannan

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kannan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are not detecting any faults. Can I just check if your router is connected at the test socket?

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (do you have a dialtone, is there any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

thanks for the quick reply,

The router is connected to the master socket via splitter. Phone line is ok, able to make calls, line clear.

Once i reach home, i can try the test socket. Anything else that could be a problem?

thanks

kannan

Highlighted

Hi kannan

Thanks for your reply.

If the fault is still present with 2 different routers at the test socket then we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property to investigate further.

It would also be worth dialing 17070 from your landline to check that the correct telephone number is read back to you.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

HI Debbie,

I hope the Engineer visit has been scheduled if not done earlier.

I'll also use the test socket and 17070 to check the number. I did request for a number retention. when I make a call to my cellphone i do get the same number that was earlier assigned to me (the one in my TalkTalk profile).

I'll post the results when i am back at home and test this.

thanks

Kannan

Highlighted

Hi Kannan

Thank you. If the number read back to you is different (to your telephone number) then please can you send me a Private Message to confirm this number.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Tested with both old and new routers with the test socket. No Internet.

Call to 17070 replied with the correct number...

I guess, there is some other problem still occurring.

thanks

kannan

Highlighted

Hi Kannan

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie,

I have sent the private message. Please do let me know the time for Engineer visit.

thanks
Kannan
Highlighted

Hi Kannan

Thanks for the Private Message.

This fault has now been passed to an Openreach line engineer to complete investigations outside the property first.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie,

would i be getting a call from the engineer? or would they be visiting anytime during the agreed time slot?

thanks
Kannan
Highlighted

Hi Kannan

The line engineer will investigate outside the property first (at exchange/cabinet) If they are unable to resolve the fault there or need to complete further testing at the property then the engineer may turn up at the property.

If no one is home then they will let us know and we will arrange an appointment with them and yourself.

Hopefully the engineer will be able to resolve the fault outside the property.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie,
Status Update:
so far the the router has not connected and no calls from anyone either. I hope they will call the alternate number if the no one answers the landline?(I dont use the landline at all. connected a borrowed phone to test it)

Thanks
Kannan
Highlighted

Hi Kannan

I'm chasing for an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Kannan

Openreach have asked us to now arrange an appointment to the property.

Is your availability for an engineer visit still the same?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

yes, They can visit anytime in the afternoon. A call to me before visiting would be helpful.

I have attached the screenshots of the router and logs just in case.

thanks

Kannan

Highlighted

Hi Kannan

Thanks. Please can you reboot the router and let us know if you can now connect (after the router is rebooted)

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Debbie,
No, The router does not connect after the reboot.

Thanks
Kannan
Highlighted

Hi

Can you try now - an IP address is showing now.  I discovered a possible radius issue and have re-synced the radius (auth) details.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
HI Karl,

yes! now it is connected. Thanks a lot for your support.
I hope the connection remains stable. I'll keep an eye on it and post another update.

Thanks
Kannan