cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

faster fibre with speed boost and phone problems after a windy storm, please help

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

yesterday evening there was a windy storm, my internet went down, reconnected and went down again, this happened over at over and was also a slow connection. I then checked my landline and there was lots of static/buzzing. A few hours into the windy storm the internet went down and didn't come back up so i checked to see if the static/buzzing had got any better on the landline but there was no dial tone and it has no dial tone since then.

In summary start of storm internet kept disconnecting and reconnecting and had very slow speed and landline had static/buzzing. Then few hours into windy storm internet disconnected and didn't reconnect and landline had no dial tone at all. The internet has come back on since then but is very slow and bad quality connection (slow speed, high ping and lots of jitter) .

Can someone help with this, i think a engineer will be needed as having a slow and bad quality internet connection and a landline with no dial tone points to the storm doing some damage to wires somewhere.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi zebie,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you test with your telephone connected to your test socket (if you have one) and let us know if there's still no dial tone

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

things are looking up, my dial tone came back and my speeds have increased but not what they were at before, i'm guessing that's to do with all the line drops yesterday, its only dropped 4 or 5 times this morning and i think that might because engineers might be fixing the lines, as im sure others might have called their isp/phone companies if their internet/phone went down too after the storm.

How long do you think will it be before i get full speeds again, as i think its not full speed yet because of the line drops yesterday evening and this morning?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Spoke to soon my internet seems to have started to disconnect and reconnect again, just did it 4 times it last 20 minutes

Edit: is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting now a few times a minute and speed is dropping too, I think line must be damaged due to storm, please help 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Chris ,

since last I tried that made no difference, the problem has also developed. Now my landline has a dial tone but still gets noise (static) and when I go to see if there is a dial tone or noise a few seconds later after I hang up my fibre will disconnect and then reconnect most of the time for some strange reason, I'm using a wifi hub now and tested with other routers, same things happen. As my line has disconnected so many times now DLM has come into effect and is slowing my line too 😞 (as its seems to have gone down to 40/10 even though I have the speed boost and was getting stable 49mb sync speed which never disconnected at all before, all this) so my profile will need to be reset too once the disconnection and reconnecting and the phone static problems are sorted. Could you arrange for a engineer to come out and fix them as this all started when there was the windy storm the other day, thanks?

My current connection stats, if it helps, everytime i get a disconnect the sync speed changes that is the highest its been

stats.png

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

i edited the above to have my current connection stats, see above, please help

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The above stats are already obsolete as my router disconnected and reconnected lots of times since the above post, speed is getting lower and lower, I really need that engineer as my internet is unstable and phone has static

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Can anyone from talktalk (OCE) please help me the connection keeps dropping and reconnecting since the storm and phone landline gets static, my speeds are getting lower and lower too, my DLM profile will need to be reset too after the connection and phone landline noise problems are fixed, I need a engineer arranged to come out and fix it as storm obviously damaged something outside, please help me with this??

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I got sent a new wifi hub, just arrived so I have set it up, let's see if there is any better luck with it. I used the new wires that came with it too.

Highlighted

Hi zebie,

I've logged this to Openreach as a non-appointed task. We should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Oh thank you for that so does that mean openreach will send out a engineer and reset the DLM profile?I'll let you know if it's still dropping, the connection is still slower than it should be, I think that's DLM or else the noise on the line

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Just a update the new router (a wifi hub) has not worked, the connection keeps disconnecting and sync speeds are dropping fast been as low as 6mb download sync and the connection drops after using the phone landline (which is still getting noise) 😞

Highlighted

Hi zebie

The line engineer has left notes to advise that further work is required to resolve this fault (dig and aux control to arrange traffic lights)

We will check the fault ticket again on Monday for further updates as no timescales have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the update, the connection hasn't changed, still dropping constantly and landline still gets static hope they reset the line when they are fixing this as with all the disconnections the DLM profile is messed up, the speed is dropping and it looks like the profile has changed to 40/10 even though I have speed boost and was getting a stable 49mb sync speed before all this.

Highlighted

Hi zebie

Apologies for this.

Once the fault has been resolved then we can look at the speed (if it's still slow)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Is there any updates on the notes, the line is still slow, I swapped back to my 3rd party router as I get better wifi performance out of it as were I live I'm surrounded by lots of other networks. But the sync speed is is slow.

Highlighted

Hi zebie

Apologies there are no further updates from Openreach at the moment.

I will check the fault ticket again this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ok thanks, your help is much appreciated 🙂
Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi zebie

Apologies, there are no further updates from Openreach this afternoon.

We can check this again tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie