Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre boost

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I have the fibre speed boost, with an anticipated speed of 51 - 74 and a minimum of 44. It's normally around 60, but recently this has dropped off significantly to 39-40. In other words, I don't seem to be getting the boost any more!

Have tried wired, wireless 5ghz, master socket etc etc. All the same speed.
Any assistance appreciated

David

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David,

You still have the boost as your sync speed is 42.1Mbps (it would be 40Mbps or below if the speed boost had been removed)

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service? Do you have a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

Phone line seems ok. 

Dave

Highlighted

OK thanks.

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris, 

Two sockets, master one does have a test socket yes.

Master has the router attached to it.

Second socket has the phone attached to it.

Dave

Highlighted

Thanks Dave. Would you be able to connect your router to the test socket and leave it there for at least 48 hours to give DLM a chance to respond to any improvement (this will disconnect the extension socket)

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

will do Chris, ta.
Dave

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

As requested I've connected to the test socket since Tuesday now. Unfortunately there has been absolutely no improvement. I'm still getting lower than the guaranteed minimum speed.

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

Apologies for this.

I can see that the sync speed is just below the predicted range for your line. Would it be possible to power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then leave the router at the test socket until Monday?

If the speed hasn't increased then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie,

Will do!
Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Done as requested. Powered down for an hour. This has given me a new IP address but issue not resolved. Still barely getting 40mb...

Dave

Highlighted

Hi drdwridav,

Thanks for the information. Can you run 3 speed tests on the My Account speed checker, at least 10 minutes apart, on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

Have done as requested. Speed was 41.4 on all 3 occasions, so very stable....just lower than expected.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi

An engineer is required.  I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted

Hi Dave,

I've replied to your PM

Chris