would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre to the house

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
paulspar
Chatterbox

how about doing fibre to the house so that its true fibre because mine is copper from the green box down the road, my line has had issues (crackling sound) for over 2 years. i pay for fibre but i don't get it and yet talktalk are doing an advert on tv saying you'll get fibre. this surely is false advertising did i mention my broadband speed is slower than it should be its effected by this problem

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Paul

TalkTalk provide fibre to the house from its full fibre network in York. In the near future TalkTalk will be offering fibre to the house from both Openreach and CityFibre full fibre networks. The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) reported on 15 April 2019 that it won its case in the High Court and that it remains ok to describe both full and part fibre connections as 'fibre'. That's the way the ASA want it and they say customers are unlikely to be misled.

If I were you I'd open a topic in the fibre broadband forum here to have your service checked. Crackling on the line indicates a metallic line problem that can affect the broadband performance for both metallic or part metallic / part fibre connections.

Start with carrying out a check with the Service Centre.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi paulspar,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

Line test passes and your router is in sync at 58.5Mbps. Is the crackling perminent?

Can you still hear the crackle with your telephone connected to the test socket and all other telephone equipment disconnected?

Chris