Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre wired connection through powerlines very low speeds

3 REPLIES 3
howiepalmer
First Timer

hello community, I've been signed up to talktalk fibre for around 5 weeks now and since day 1 have had download speeds of around 1mbps on my desktop, it is a wired connection via homeplugs/powerlines. I never had any such speed problems with my previous suppliers and have always used the same set up. I have been contacting tech support virtually every day, but always get the same answer in that the checks they have carried out show no  problems. Could it be the hub itself? any help would be appreciated as I'd like to get the issue sorted before Christmas comes as Xbox live for the kids will be a nightmare. 

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Morning howie,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed and profile both look ok. Is it only the desktop which is experiencing the slow throughput speeds? Are other devices ok?

Could you switch the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test please as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

howiepalmer
First Timer

Since posting I've been in contact with UK talktalk who have replaced my router/hub, wifi seems fine and when I do have connection to my desktop the speeds are also good, this evidence may suggest to me that it's an issue with my own Netgear powerlines or even my desktop itself. Thanks for the reply, I might have to book my PC in for a service just to rule it out

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

Thanks for letting us know.   If you need our assistance with anything further, just shout.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE