cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

fibre

6 REPLIES 6
First Timer

I had basic broadband with talktalk which was reliable but slow , to fix that upgraded to fibre and am now 10 days since upgrade .I know it says wait 14 days but the speed now is less than 4 and connectivity terrible at a greater cost .I am a Doctor working from home currently and today just had to apologise not being able to consult on Teams .I cannot seem to get onto live chat or find a number to seek help !!!!!!

DR DAVID CHINN
Community Star

Hi @chinn68,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chinn68

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer

Thank you , open reach have attended and now getting download approx 12 , upload 1.3 ,still less than hoped for but appears distance from exchange box slows and unlikely faster with other suppliers ! wandering if when cityfibre finish installing cables then it is possible to upgrade with talktalk to get superfast speeds ???

DR DAVID CHINN

Hi chinn68,

If you'd like us to take a look at your speeds we are more than happy to do so, just need you to update your community profile as per Debbie's post

Chris

First Timer

Updated profile , speeds now download about 9, upload about 1 , question is this the best i can expect where i am if using any provider.

DR DAVID CHINN

Thanks for updating your profile. Line test is clear and your current sync speed is 14.0Mbps down and 1.4Mbps up, which are within the predicted range for you line. In answer to your questions, if you move to another provider on FTTC then you're unlikely to see much difference in speed

How many telephone socket do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router

Thanks 

Chris