cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

gone from 65mb to 30mb down last week or so.

29 REPLIES 29
JohannaSwe
Team Player

hello

wondering if someone could help me sort this. I have he fiber speed boost package and I had been getting around 65 since we moved house a few months ago and now I'm getting 35 maximum but dropping to mid 20's often during the day. completely unacceptable speeds for the price I'm paying. I haven't changed anything in my setup.

cheers,

Johanna 

Community Team

Hi @JohannaSwe

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

JohannaSwe
Team Player
cheers Arne!
Community Team

Hi @JohannaSwe

We found a Stuck order on your account which may have caused the speed boost not to work.  I have fixed that issue now.

Can you turn your router off for 30 mins and then run a speed test.  

Thanks

JohannaSwe
Team Player
strange. I have turned off the router now and will report back. is there anyway to get refunded for the time that it's been stuck for ?
JohannaSwe
Team Player
ok so I have reset the router for over 30mins and still no luck. speed test showed 22mb down this time.. upload speed seems unaffected and getting a steady 15mb up.
Community Team

Hi JohannaSwe,

Thanks for trying that. Could you just check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

JohannaSwe
Team Player
apologies that would have been the previous landline number. I have updated to the new one now for you . cheers!
Community Team

Thanks for that.

The boost does appear to be active. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

JohannaSwe
Team Player
we don't have a landline telephone so can't really check. we haven't changed anything since we moved in and we were originally getting around 65 when we first moved here so can't see why it has reduced so much. it seems consistently capped at 35mb down.
JohannaSwe
Team Player
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5229604971

my speedtest results . the exact same every time
Community Team

Thanks 

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

JohannaSwe
Team Player
we only have one socket and it is labelled 'master socket'. no other devices are connected.and yes we have a test socket . I'll try that
Community Team

Could you leave the router connected to the test socket for 48 hours to give DLM chance to respond to any improvement in connection stats. if you could bump the thread on Friday we can check how you are getting on

Chris

JohannaSwe
Team Player
will do. cheers Chris
Community Team

No Problem, thanks 🙂

Chris

JohannaSwe
Team Player

Screenshot_20190821-154723.png

here is a screenshot after logging into the router. it shows that my line is capable of getting 69mb down yet actual is only 37. I currently have the router plugged in via rest socket.

ferguson
Community Star

That SNR margin is well above target, it should be 6dB. Have you got any electrical devices connected nearby which may be causing interference? And going back a few posts it would be really helpful to get hold of a corded handset so that you can check for any audible noise on the line.

JohannaSwe
Team Player
I've just tried moving everything electrical away from it (only a TV) and hasn't made any difference
Community Team

Hi JohannaSwe,

Thanks for the update. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. If their is no improvement in speed by tomorrow then please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks