Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

have I made a mistake

ANSWERED
103 REPLIES 103
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I'm due to go live by 12, but readily things in here is making me think I made a mistake, there's only 90mins before talktalk day I go live but haven't heard anything plus router is showing wrong downstream speed, saying 40mbs but I should be up to 70mbs, between 48 n 70. Ppl have warned me not to try talktalk. I hope they are wrong.

Highlighted
Community Star

If you need support from staff,  @andyb68, please complete your community forum profile details.  Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in the landline number that has been confirmed with your package, and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

It may take a few days to get a reply. 

A new service takes time to settle down re speeds etc. It is probably far too soon to judge. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
It's just reading all the issues on here,plus as said my router is only showing downstream 40mbs, should be up to 70.
I'm without internet while waiting for it too go live in next 90 mins
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Well it's gone 12 and no fibre, guess should have listened to my customers, so I be phoning up and cancelling in the morning and going elsewhere, there's nothing worse than a company that lies to its customers

Highlighted
Community Star

What day was your go live day @andyb68 ?, the 3rd or the 4th ?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Suppose to be the 3rd, after working through the human malware was looking forward to some gaming, great start this is,  just after 12 it says on account there's a delay, they would have known this before, so bit miffed and be calling and cancelling, nothing worse than a company lying to it's customers

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Screenshot_2020-07-04-00-57-19-776_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Highlighted
Philosopher

Trains get delayed, motorways have traffic jams and occasionally broadband installations get delayed.

That's life.

Martin
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Great attitude there. Says it all really

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Well apparently there is a fault according to openreach, I find that hard to believe as my old broadband was working fine till it went down for switch, only way there could be a fault if openreach caused it imo

Highlighted
Community Star
When you were switched to fibre your line would have been connected to different hardware, so if there is a fault with that fibre specific hardware it won't have affected your old service. Seeing as it is an OpenReach issue it is not really a problem TalkTalk have control over, most ISPs use the OpenReach infrastructure, so an OpenReach fault would affect you regardless of ISP
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

What a joke now told review fault on Monday, absolute joke. Worse experience ever lies after lies

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi andyb68

Apologies for the delay.

Your line is showing in sync at 39.2mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speeds for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Minimum Guaranteed speed

41.5 Mb

Typical download speed

48.5 Mb to 70.6 Mb

Typical upload speed

15.0 Mb to 18.9 Mb

thats what i was told in email, it did go up to 48mb/s after router went off around 2.30am ish, but back down, but my fault as pulled plug by mistake lol

current speeds what router is saying

Download: 39.2 Mbps

Upload: 9.8 Mbps
Highlighted

Hi Andy

Thanks for the Private Message.

The predicted speed range is showing between 70 and 48mb, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 41mb.

Has the router been connected at the test socket for at least 48hrs without being rebooted? (to allow DLM time to monitor and adjust the profile)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

no as i explained the router?internet went down at 2.30am this morning, then i pull cable out by mistake, so i need to let it settle again, as far as the test socket its not something i have  come across, my socket has a new bt filtered faceplate, if makes sense?

Highlighted

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

This help page provides further information on test socket testing Your guide to master sockets

We can check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

hope they do improve as it woeful at the moment .eek!Run a broadband speed check with TalkTalk - Opera 07_07_2020 19_25_21.png

Highlighted
Team Player
looks like your on faster fibre, but your boost has not started yet
use your time wisely... you don't know how much you have left!!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yeah possibly