Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

have I made a mistake

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi andy,

We're still currently looking into this. Can I just confirm, what speeds are you currently seeing during the day?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

during the day around the 47mb/s,which isnt great in itself, considering line capable up to 67b/s, but into 2nd week and hasnt moved much at all, upload stays same at roughly 9 to 10mb/s.

6pm onwards speed start to fall, around 8 to 9pm im in mid 20's mb/s, which aint great either

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

so  bit better tonight but still way below guaranteed speed, this happens every night, first one taken at 5pm 2nd one at 9.30, normally down in 20;s5pm.jpgroadband speed check with TalkTalk - Personal - Microsoft_ Edge 17_07_2020 21_28_19.jpg

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

9.30 and again speed falls through the floor, added tracer route as well. im still in my 30 days, dont think can carry on with talk talk at this rate tbh. 

Screenshot-18_07_2020-21_26_19.jpg

Highlighted
Team Player

@andyb68 

I'd be wondering if openreach has you on a party line, seems strange its always this time of day, as if a neighbour  goes on netflix or starts gaming..... or comes in from work and shares your connection.
everyone should get what there paying for, I would check out what speed YOU need and where you can get that consistantly. this has been going on far too long. good luck with whichever way you decide to go, but I'm so desperate to hear the reason your speed drops..

use your time wisely... you don't know how much you have left!!
Highlighted

Hi andyb68,

How has it been over the last few days, any improvement?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
No difference really get up to 48mbs during day get towards evening it dives down to either very low 30's or mid to high 20,s. Don't seem to getting DLM action as staying at 54mb/s max, but don't get near 50mb/s I factory reset it last night as got fed up
Highlighted

Hi andy,

Sorry for the delay. I've requested another update from our Network Team now.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

thanks for updating me

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

router went off at around 9.30, wondered what happened, speeds a little up but still way under what they should be, same very night, here is another trace for tech if helpsbandicam 2020-07-24 22-04-06-575.jpg 

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle wrote:

Hi andy,

Sorry for the delay. I've requested another update from our Network Team now.

Thanks

this is now three weeks to the day, since first OP, thought it would of been sorted by now

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

9.38 tonight, really not good, so more for info for the tech people

2020.07.25-21.38.png

Highlighted

Hi andy,

Apologies, I still haven't heard anymore on this. Would you like me to raise this as a complaint and request for our CEO Tech Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

yeah maybe the best option as dont seem to be getting anywhere fast lol

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

i would have thought at 11.40pm i be getting better than this for sure😦

2020.07.28-23.39.png

Highlighted

Hi andy,

I've raised a complaint over to our CEO Tech Team now and they should make contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

yeah thx, someone did call me, has got a little better in evening, but still not great at under 35mbs, though was very surprised that the speed guarantee doesnt mean squat at peak times, well it doesnt count. even the speeds were given before sign up mean nothing

i cant get above 52mbs at best download and  cant even hit 11mbs upload,no where near the 15 to 18.9mbs. just wish companies where giving a true picture, you ask for postcode and home phone number, which should give a very accurate picture of speeds, rather that the complete guess work i got, well according to the person i spoke too, maybe there needs to be some kind of campaign to get ofcom to tell companies to give a true speed picture, rather than the fantasy speeds quoted i got.

Your estimated broadband speeds
Minimum Guaranteed speed
41.5 Mb

Typical download speed

48.5 Mb to 70.6 Mb

Typical upload speed

15.0 Mb to 18.9 Mb

Contract length

18 month

2020.08.03-21.31.png

Highlighted
Team Player

Andyb68,

to be honest after doing some research, you need to live on the pavement next to the box to get perfect speeds,so your speed all depends on how far you are away from the box, next comes the quality of the connection between the box and the house, thats why providers have to give a min speed acceptable, which is on average half of what you expecct to get...... then you can get CHOKE at night times when everyone is on the net. so I would advise that your figures are/will be the same no matter which company you use, so only the price will make a difference

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

i totally understand that, what i think its time for is some honesty from isp's. with phone numbers and postcodes that should give an isp of true range of speeds, not the standard fantasy figures that they give. if i sell a product that isnt as described, a consumer has a come back, so the same should apply to isp's. maybe if more people complain to OFCOM, then maybe this will happen in time, the product is not as described imo

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

update engineer is coming out of 18th to check internal, speeds today are down the pan, in 20's atm and not even peak time, yet funniest thing was when i just check if boradband was working ok, it said

"Good news—you've got a healthy broadband connection"

well if less than half fibre speed is healthy, it must be simply ecstatic if your on speed 🤣🤣🤣