cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

help please. broadband keeps dropping or even end up with none.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

hi, can anyone help please, I have been paying for fast fibre broadband and saw on my account it goes live today? 7-10-20 I have been paying for this for over 16 months?? I have had great speed up until about 2/3 weeks ago, now the broadband keeps dipping and we end up with no Wi-Fi or internet, after 10pm we have no internet at all, I have a ps4 and the talk talk box connected to the router but games freeze movies wont load on Netflix or now TV.my wife works from home as an assessor but keeps losing connection. When I phoned talk talk I was told that everything was fine at there end. I have been a customer for over 15 years but I am seriously thinking of moving onto another supplier.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi alexmorr70

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

hi Debbie,

think I've added it.

Highlighted

Hi alexmorr70

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer
Highlighted

Hi alexmorr70

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

will do Debbie, thank you.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, we are having the same issues.  During the day its just me and working from home is fine, works VPN allows me work remotely.  When my Wife and Children come back, with 3 extra Laptops, X box, Netflix etc it drops connection and we have to turn the router on and off again, probably 2-3 times every evening, with the rest of the family asking me to go back to Plusnet as the signal was better with them.  Any advice would be appreciated.  thanks

Highlighted

Hi @Roootmon24

Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie