Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

high latency

56 REPLIES 56
stokeash
Chat Champion

Hi guys im having some ridiculous pings at the moment of up to 200ms its usually around 30ms and as you can imagine its affecting vieo calling and gaming massively. also xbox is reporting packet loss. speed is fine at 17mb but theres definetly an issue somehere. 

weve always had trouble had about 10 engineers since living here its looking like i need another but im not calling because they dont understand.

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks very unstable and the sync speed appears to be varying.

Just to confirm, is everything ok with the voice service? Are you experiencing any noise on the line?

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion

voice seems fine no crackling or anything like before, but yeah its very unstable it keeps dropping multiple times like twice that i know of i can tell because my whatsapp messages dont send, i have a jitter of 55ms at he moment and pings are all over the place. i think they need to replace some equiptment or some lines or joints or something beacsue its neer been %100 it seems to degrade over time. when fibre was intsalled it was really fast and responsive.

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Thanks for the update. Could you also confirm if your master socket has a test socket and if you've recently tested with an alternative router, microfilter and adsl cable?

Once we've confirmed this then we can pass the intermittent connection over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion

hi, yes ive tested and tried everything and multiple routers. upload speed is very low as well its worse than when i had adsl.

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket

Chris

stokeash
Chat Champion

Hi, only one socket and its a new one recently fitted with the new pull of faceplate without screws.

its literally just the phone and router no sky box or anything and no extensions or wiring just the one main wire in to the master socket which is new as well. the line does come underground from a neighbours property though and could be old?

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Thanks for confirming this. Have you also tested the router at the test socket behind the faceplate and does the connection still drop?

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion
yes I've tried everything, its unusable at peak times. 180ms ping is an absolute joke for gaming.
stokeash
Chat Champion
Is there anything that can be done about this awful upload speed as well?

SNR Margin:
7.4 dB / 6.1 dB
Line Attenuation:
6.7 dB / 27.5 dB
Output Power:
5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
Data Rate:
606 kbps / 19045 kbps
ES:
0 / 17
SES:
0 / 0
UAS:
133 / 133
FEC:
0 / 2838304
CRC:
0 / 63
Community Team

Hi stokeash

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow morning and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

stokeash
Chat Champion
hey any news?
stokeash
Chat Champion
still suffering from the same issues tones of errors.

UpLink / DownLink
SNR Margin:
7.3 dB / 6.4 dB
Line Attenuation:
6.8 dB / 27.6 dB
Output Power:
5.0 dbm / 5.1 dbm
Data Rate:
555 kbps / 17998 kbps
ES:
0 / 26
SES:
0 / 2
UAS:
171 / 171
FEC:
0 / 46783672
CRC:
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Our Network Team have taken a look and advised that the connection did look unstable up until yesterday. How have you found the stability over the last 24hrs? Do the drops in connection appear to be weather related at all?

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion
its worse in wet weather but I mean right now the errors are really high and everything is sluggish, peak times its impossible to even use facebook.
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

When the connection is sluggish do you have any other devices accessing the internet at the time, could another device be downloading and update or running an automatic backup? Could someone else in the household be accessing the internet?

Chris

stokeash
Chat Champion
Hi Chris,

No I've checked its the same when everything is off and just say using a phone but....that's exactly what it feels like almost as if someone is using our internet. could this be congestion causing this part? because its far better at say 2am and becomes more fluent and usable but anything after 5pm is a nightmare.

could there be like a few heavy users that are causing this connected to the same cabinet? either that or rein? I have ran out of ideas.

Thanks
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Would it be possible to run a wired ping and trace route when the connection is ok and another wired ping and trace route when the pages are loading slowly and post the results into the thread.

We can then ask our Network Team to take another look for you.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion
I'll do this right away, Thanks.