Did you mean: 
Need help?

high latency

stokeash
Chat Champion

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

stokeash
Chat Champion

Connection has dropped 3 times today. After the first drop the broadband went smoother around 1pm then it reset about 5 and things got sluggish and stuttery again and its literally just dropped connection again. 

stokeash
Chat Champion

Screenshot (9).pngokay so things got really slow just now and i did a ping to google.com and it seems very unstable.

stokeash
Chat Champion
up
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX_B
0d:0h:2m:5s
8.2 dB / 6.5 dB
6.7 dB / 27.4 dB
5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
555 kbps / 16495 kbps
0 / 0
0 / 0
47 / 47
0 / 268953

Community Team

Hi

BT DLM report for Saturday shows a lot of network errors.

Next option is to raise this for an engineer visit.

I'll PM you with some info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

I've requested the appointment and will reply as soon as this is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

stokeash
Chat Champion

Update.

so the engineer just left after resetting the ports and other tests he said where i am the wiring is awful and i'll always have problems and it'll probably only last a week......but as its stands everything is working smoothly again low latency and far less errors so i find it all pretty strange. I have gained quite a significant downlod increase as you can see and fec errors are working properly now??

hopefullly it will stay like this

0d:0h:34m:47s
6.8 dB / 6.0 dB
6.7 dB / 27.4 dB
5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
606 kbps / 22374 kbps
0 / 36
0 / 0
1298 / 1298
0 / 144
0 / 39
stokeash
Chat Champion

Screenshot (14).pngfar better ping times now as well. same with trace routes.

Community Team

Hi

Glad the engineer has made some improvements.  

Monitor and if anything changes, let us know.

Thanks

Karl. 

stokeash
Chat Champion
Thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it I can use Facebook again now! will do.
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion

Update.

Okay so the day after my post i had 6 drops. I have a massive amount of errors again and things like ebay and facebook are struggling to load when its at its worst. I have left the router connected and its managed to stay up for nearly 2 days but like i say the internet is barely usable at peak times again but i dont want to reset it.

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Just to confirm, is it only at peak times? Is the connection fine during the day? Do the speeds also drop at peak times? Would it be possible to run a ping and trace route wired when the connection is good and also when this issue occurs and post the results into the thread?

Can you also run a few speed tests at peak and off peak times of the day and we'll ask our Network Team to take another look at this.

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion

Okay so an update, I think ive narrowed this down to disconections, i have never seen my router be connected more than 2 days since the engineer which is possibly just causing interleaving to go crazy hence the slow sluggish unresponsive service?

Community Team

Hi stokeash

Apologies for this.

Is the router still connected at the test socket? Which router are you currently using?

Thanks

Debbie

stokeash
Chat Champion
Internet still drops constantly there’s obviously a fault open reach can’t be bothered to fix I’ve given up
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems, I can see that your connection is very unstable. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router still connected to the test socket?

Chris

minard36
First Timer

i have been having a high jitter of 12ms which is affecting my game play seriously from a ping of 34 to 1073.  any solution

Community Team

Hi minard36,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

stokeash
Chat Champion
Line State: up
Modulation: ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
Annex Mode: ANNEX_B
DSL (Sync) Uptime: 1d:0h:4m:37s
UpLink / DownLink
SNR Margin: 7.8 dB / 12.7 dB
Line Attenuation: 6.2 dB / 26.8 dB
Output Power: 5.1 dbm / 5.1 dbm
Data Rate: 561 kbps / 8799 kbps