Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

internet dropout

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi I have since before christmas  had a speed drop from 37.40 to 32 to 35 i have done all the usual checks from the master socket. non made any difference. been on to the online fault report who told me i was getting expected speed but it says i have a problem but did not tell me what.checking the router tells me there has been line drops. I have not has far as i know had a problem with the internet. checked the phone this morning and found it to be intermittent dial tone tryed the phone on master socket same result tryed new filter same result. Can you check the line as i seem to have a fault.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Brian

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

In regards to the dial tone, does the dial tone disappear and return? Have you tried dialing 1571 to see if there are any messages waiting on the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Checked 1571 no message dial tone returned i dont use the phone often. it dont answer the drop out problem that happens mainly at night.

Highlighted

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi I have a tp link 1200 i will try that but the problem is where the master socket is there is no power socket. I have just checked router and showed a dropout at 3.20 hour ago.could my router be faulty. Its one of you lastest.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian

I can send a replacement router for testing to rule out the router being faulty. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi I have connected my tp.link its showing the same speed 35 ish on wi-fi. the sagem was bought of talktalk could a reset do it any good. Its never turned off at night. I will see how tp-link goes over a few days

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian

Thanks for keeping us updated.

It would be worth factory resetting the WiFi Hub using the pin hole reset for ten seconds.

Please let us know how the connection compares with your router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie  I have reset the sagem router there have no dropouts for 5 days. I run my tp-link for a few days it showed dropouts at night so reset sagem it as been stable ever since. When i first got fibre i was getting 38meg for a while not had it since. Why is openreach slowing peoples speed. When i had problem last year the engineer set the dlm at 37.40 all was fine for a while in december it droped to 33-34 and stayed at that speed. The router is showing 40 but i am not getting 40

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

What speeds are you currently receiving? Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed when the sync speed looks ok.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi I have tryed all the test wired wi-fi master socket makes no difference im am getting 33ish. I am told my min is 35 meg if router is set to 40 meg why dont i get it i have in the past nothing as been altered in my set up.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the confusion, was this after the 30 minute router power down?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Before and after turning router of for 45 min did not change enything

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Your current sync speed is 38.3Mbps 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi one phone socket with phone and router plus master the one with phone and router is wired into the master socket.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a HG633 router for testing purposes to see how the speed compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi I dont see the point i already have one. I bought a sagem from you and its been less trouble than the hg633 i will see how things go for a while.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted

Hi Brian,

Ok please let us know how the speeds compare over the next few days.

Thanks