Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

internet going off too much

11 REPLIES 11
M0FCG
Conversation Starter

hi, having re newed our internet with talktalk im wondering if ive made a bad mistake since its been re newed, its been going off too many times wed was off about 12 times, thursday 7 times, i get upset as my lads do gaming as i do we get punished for leaving games.

my wife uses the internet to do her on line college work but the internet keeps going off, it would be nice to see you put up a letter saying your having trouble, i got intouch with talktalk on line, they tell me its at our end when i know diffrent, at this rate talktalk will be getting no money unless we get our internet i will be taking this up with ofcom.

not happy could have got a right deal with virgin for 300mb speed instead of the 54mb we are getting, the fastist its been is 74.50mb, get your act together talktalk.

Mike
Community Team

Hi M0FCG

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

When the connection drops do you reboot the router or wait for it to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

M0FCG
Conversation Starter

hi, over the days its been going off the ive noticed thethe small tv on the right hand side goes yellow the router goes off and takes about 5 mins to reboot, im in trouble for signing back up with talktalk, been with you a very long time since you took over lineone.net, my wife and kids wanted to go to a faster internet provider, you solved my wifes email talktalk getting it back, you did great with us not getting charged for engineer, but im fed up of the internet going off, is the router software up to date ? weve had issues with the talktalk super safe going off telling its not set up, probs getting into do emails, when me and my 17 year old lads game we play we get cut off, my wifes not impressed as she works from home conecting to her works server then gets cut off, when i go on line to chat with the helpers i get same crap try master socket, im sure they work off crib sheets, i know my way round pc's weve had all new cables fitted to router every body is wired up, no wifo only on phones, gets a bit much it going off.

mike

Mike
Community Team

Hi Mike,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a test socket?

Chris

M0FCG
Conversation Starter

hi chris, nothing wrong with our new phones i do have a phone conected to the master router our cables all ok checked them, last i heard off talktalk is that there was a problem at our local exchange and it was getting fixed, over the weekend the router just goes off and then re boots, bit bad when your trying to do something or the wife is in her office at work by remote she looses her work.

we tried the test socket and did the tests that talktalk read off there crib sheets, its not our end its talktalks as ive asked other people in the street and theres cuts off, this cutting off and the ping rate of the internet is getting old news now, if virgin offered to pay i would move to them for better faster cable.

Mike
Community Team

Thanks for the information 

The line history shows a few disconnections from the 18th to the 23rd, peaking at 5 disconnections on the 22nd, I can't see any disconnections in the last 6 days - does everything seem to have been stable at your end for the last few days?

Chris

M0FCG
Conversation Starter

hi debbie.i just turn the rooter off then on again and hope it fixes the problem, its not gone off in a couple of days, but last sat night it went off about 7 times from 1.10am which my sons were getting very upset and so was i has we play in clan battles on line, which means we peenalized in the games.

mike

Mike
Community Team

OK Mike, please let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

M0FCG
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

our internet went off for about 6 mins i just rebooted the router and waited, i tried to check useing my phone after it had come back on it said that the internet was working ok, so if its working ok why did it go off, checked in service status so that not right, with all my old routers you could check when your internet went off, but carnt see that in this new one.

i was in the middle of buying something on ebay when it went off .

mike

Mike
Hippo70
Popular Poster

Our just went off too.

Community Team

Hi M0FCG,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test has detected a potential fault. Please can you confirm if the router is still connected to the test socket and if the voice service has any noise or no dial tone? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this straight over for investigation.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Hippo70

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks