cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

large amount of security intrusions

ANSWERED
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sephriem
Wizz Kid

Hi TT,

i was just glancing the router stats when i noticed a large amount of security intrusion warnings on my log, i can only assume from other logs that it means the firewall is blocking these actions, however most reports tend to be of about 3-5 logs per day, at the time of capturing the log it was in the 70s, that was about 10 mins ago, it's now in its 80s. Any advice? Many thanks  i have a full entry of logs if required. 

Intrusion -> src=45.79.223.204 DST=[MY IP ADDRESS]LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=238 ID=38430 PROTO=TCP SPT=54717 DPT=22 WINDOW=1024

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Sephriem

Here's the TalkTalk advice about security: Internet Security (Click here)

The TalkTalk routers report a representative sample of the work that the firewall does in keeping your connected devices safe.  The sample does vary depending on the router and it's firmware version.  For example, an HG633 router on 1.15t factory firmware reports a sample every few hours whereas the 1.22t firmware reports a sample every 10 minutes.  It's not that the attempted intrusions have increased it's just the reporting rate has increased.

Let the firewall do its work, keep your software up to date, run real-time security software and schedule regular security checks and have a look at the Security Hub in MyAccount for reminders about staying safe online.   

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Sephriem
Wizz Kid

Thank you so much for the information, that really put my worries at rest, as you’ve stated most of the reports are 10 min intervals and I had about 160 reports by the end of the day, which seems norm. Thank you again.