Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

need help from OCE again

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

follow up from post 10/7/2018 and 25/2/2019 which OCE_Karl sorted out very quickly

what has happened is i am now back to where i started ie less than maxing out at just  1mb

so again i followed the procedure below

Hi evereone my name is Emma and i need some help from an OC

Myself and my sister have been with talk-talk for a number of years with no problems

I am 1.5 miles from the exchange and my sister is 0.5 miles from the exchange

We were both on adsl and in April 2018 we both opted for fast fibre following a mail shot from talk talk and went live on 10 April 2018

follow up from post 10/7/2018 and 25/2/2019 which OCE_Karl sorted out very quickly

what has happend is i am now back to where i started ie less tham maxing out at just om 1mb

so again i followed the proccedure below

Hi evereone my name is Emma and i need some help from an OC

Myself and my sister have been with talktalk for a number of years with no problems

I am 1.5 miles from the exchange and my sister is 0.5 miles from the exchange

We were both on adsl and in April 2018 we both opted for fast fibre following a mail shot from talk talk and went live on 10 April 2018

The relevance of my sister in this will become apparent

Prior to going fast fibre i was getting on average 5.2mbs and sometimes slightly higher at 8.4 mbs

Most importantly it was constant and reliable

On going fast fibre on 10 April my speeds averaged 10-12mbs which was at the upper end of the estimate email from talktalk

You can look forward to estimated download speed between 7.9Mbps and 15.3Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 5.8Mbps.

Just over a month ago my download speed dropped to 1.2mbs and i contacted talk talk help overseas

After over two hour on the phone and going through all the test procedures they could not help me but would pass it on and for me to keep an eye on it and after a further 10 days if no improvement contact them again

After a further 14 days as advised i contacted them again and after over 2 hours on the phone repeating the same laborious procedures guess what? Same result and advise other than they would pass it up the line

2 weeks later and really upset and frustrated contacted them again and again put through the same procedure with the same result

They said they would contact tech services and they would contact me by phone within the next 3 days IT NEVER HAPPENED

No disrespect meant but where do talk talk get these people from with no tech knowledge and working from a set script

I would like to add that in my dealings with them i treat them with respect and found then courteous and helpful ,be it within their limitations

Now what have i done 3 times

pc i5 16gb ram ,windows 10 fully updated, full antivirus and malware scanned --- clean
changed router hg633 to new replacement hg633 (sent on upgrade) including all cables and micro filter removed face plate and used BT test connection
phone line good /no static/clean sound
BT master socket 1 meter from modem hard wired no secondary sockets
Still the same results 0.8 mbs download
Router takes a long time to sync when reset or unplugged up to 10 mins last router reboot today 11 min 23seconds
bt engineer on last visit commented quote its the green box in Lancaster street thats the problem

This is where my sister who is with talk talk comes into the saga

Finally my father who is a retired pc engineer took my sisters pc a( i3750 16 gb ram win 10) her hg633 router /cables/micro filters on a talk talk fast fiber

And did a complete change over to prove a point

RESULT :-

Her complete set up on my line maxed out at .9 mbs same as my set up

My complete set up on her line 35mbs , same as her own system was getting

This was pointed out at the time to the help staff but were not interested and it fell on deaf ears

I am trying to rub a business from home and although i can access my email that’s about it

I cannot manage my website pages but with the min guarantee i could
netflix that i subscribe to is a no go

So can a OC step in and help please

i request a open-reach engineer asap any day any time to sort it out as it is the line or exchange that is the problem and therefor openreach responsibility
if im wrong and im not,ill be more than happy to cover the call out charges

it may be interesting to note when the BT Open reach visited on 17/7/2018 he connected an tester reset some settings and the line was back up and running normally total time to do this less than 2min and did not need an exchange visit

can you please help

The relevance of my sister in this will become apparent

Prior to going fast fibre i was getting on average 5.2mbs and sometimes slightly higher at 8.4 mbs

Most importantly it was constant and reliable

On going fast fibre on 10 April my speeds averaged 10-12mbs which was at the upper end of the estimate email from talktalk

You can look forward to estimated download speed between 7.9Mbps and 15.3Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 5.8Mbps.

Just over a month ago my download speed dropped to 1.2mbs and i contacted talk talk help overseas

After over two hour on the phone and going through all the test procedures they could not help me but would pass it on and for me to keep an eye on it and after a further 10 days if no improvement contact them again

After a further 14 days as advised i contacted them again and after over 2 hours on the phone repeating the same laborious procedures guess what? Same result and advise other than they would pass it up the line

2 weeks later and really upset and frustrated contacted them again and again put through the same procedure with the same result

and send me a replacement router

No disrespect meant but where do talktalk get these people from with no tech knowledge and working from a set script

I would like to add that in my dealings with them i treat them with respect and found them courteous and helpful ,be it within their limitations

Now what have i done 3 times

pc i5 16gb ram ,windows 10 fully updated, full antivirus and malware scanned --- clean
changed router hg633 to new replacement hg633 (sent on upgrade) including all cables and micro filter removed face plate and used BT test connection
phone line good /no static/clean sound
BT master socket 1 meter from modem hard wired no secondary sockets
Still the same results 0.8 mbs download
Router takes a long time to sync when reset or unplugged up to 10 mins last router reboot today 11 min 23seconds
bt engineer on last visit commented quote its the green box in Lancaster street that's the problem

This is where my sister who is with talk-talk comes into the saga

Finally my father who is a retired pc engineer took my sisters pc a( i3750 16 gb ram win 10) her hg633 router /cables/micro filters on a talk-talk fast-fiber

And did a complete change over to prove a point

RESULT :-

Her complete set up on my line maxed out at .9 mbs same as my set up

My complete set up on her line 35mbs , same as her own system was getting

This was pointed out at the time to the help staff but were not interested and it fell on deaf ears

I am trying to rub a business from home and although i can access my email that’s about it

I cannot manage my website pages but with the min guarantee i could
netflix that i subscribe to is a no go

So can a OC step in and help please

i request a open-reach engineer asap any day any time to sort it out as it is the line or exchange that is the problem and therefor open reach responsibility
if im wrong and im not,ill be more than happy to cover the call out charges

it may be interesting to note when the BT Open reach visited on 17/7/2018 he connected an tester/aniliser reset some settings and the line was back up and running normally total time to do this less than 2min and did not need an exchange visit

can you please help

emma
Highlighted
Team Player

update

on the three previous occasions that this was reported the line showed no fault even though the results showed different

emma
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi emma2121,

I've raised this to our network team, if you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi emma2121,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your password
  • If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • email address

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Emma

Engineer requested, I'll post back when this is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted

Hi @emma2121

An engineer has been confirmed for Tomorrow 25th AM (8-1).

Is that ok ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Karl.that will be fine, ill keep  you uptodate on the results

many thanks

emma
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Thanks for confirming.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips