Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

new wifi hub, disconnecting daily

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have just upgraded my fibre broadband with a speed boost and at the same time changed my old super router to a new wifi hub, since then my system shows as constantly disconnecting. talktalk technical have run tests on the line & reset the hub remotely several times to no avail. The service centre shows that my speed is better than I expected but everyday reports that the internet has been disconnecting and that I should contact talktalk, however when I do contact them the same tests are run over and over again and I get no further forward (they seem to think that as long as the speed is within the limits there is nothing wrong. I had no problem when I was using the super router with the system disconnecting. Is there a problem with the service centre tests that are being run or is the problem with the router. so far I have spent a few hours on the phone with a talktalk technical expert and had numerous webchats with agents also running line checks etc. the new wifi hub has been connected using the filter and cable supplied with the device and is plugged into the bt master socket, it has even been plugged into the test socket. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Riley321,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then retesting this again?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Michelle, the hub has been factory reset at least twice by remote by a talktalk agent and I have also reset it myself
Highlighted

Hi Riley321,

Thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

That would be great Michelle, I would assume that there will be a returns bag sent with it so that I can send one of them back, I have been checking daily on the service centre and it shows that I get 67mbps and all my equipment is okay, it shows under the stability section that the internet has been disconnecting and if I rerun the test it states that I should contact the web chat but every time I have contacted them the same tests are rerun and I get no further so please send a replacement hub and I will try that.

Highlighted

Hi

A router & returns bag are now on the way.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank's Karl, also thanks Michelle for your help

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl, the replacement wifi hub has arrived and been setup so I should know tomorrow if it has solved the problem. is the returns bag and paperwork sent under separate cover as there was only the hub & associated materials in the parcel I received.

Regards

David Riley

Highlighted

Hi

Returns bag is usually sent separately.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips