Did you mean: 
Need help?

no internet

ANSWERED
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
skygrowler
Insightful One

i have just spent the best part of an hour on chat to no avail . so can i try here ? open reach have been laying new cables outside my house this morning and now they have gone my internet connection has gone too. can someone check the line ?

nothing has changed inside my house and my internet was fine this morning .

my router is off at the moment for the old "turn it off for 30 minutes while i get the hell out " trick 🙄

skygrowler
Insightful One

router back on still no internet .

skygrowler
Insightful One

no phone now either . 

ferguson
Community Star

The OCE won't be back online until tomorrow and as you are probably aware repeated posts move your thread to the back of the queue each time. It may be quicker if you contact customer services directly, otherwise sit tight for a response here.

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked and I can see that this fault is under investigation with an Openreach line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

hi @OCE_Debbie  a herd of openreach guys have just turned up outside my house and are working both sides of the road . 

i have just spoken to them and they tell me that they have a heap of faults that they are working on .

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully they will be able to resolve this fault as soon as possible if they are there now working on the fault.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

davep
Enlightened One

based on my experience of a couple of years ago, the problems were caused by OR engineers disconnecting your line whilst adding new connection(S).  Good luck!  As you've caught them they may re-connect you, which the guy who pulled out my line did when I questioned him.

skygrowler
Insightful One

@OCE_Debbie it appears that my Internet is back on, can you check for me as I have an engineer coming Monday that I may need to cancel. I also have a new router delivered today which I will return. 

skygrowler
Insightful One

@OCE_Debbie  my internet has been restored and although quite a bit slower than it was i need to cancel the engineer visit .

i can't find a way of doing it in my account . can you or someone help ?

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

From the advice article Your Openreach engineer appointment.

If you'd like to reschedule your Openreach engineer appointment, please give us a call on 0870 087 8777 at any time up to 12 noon the day before your appointment. If you call us after 12 noon the day before your visit there may be a late booking charge of £65.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

skygrowler
Insightful One

OK thanks @Gondola I am trying through the chatline at the moment. If that doesn't work I'll phone them. Thanks for the help. 

skygrowler
Insightful One

@Gondola  i managed to sort it through the chat . thanks anyway 😊

skygrowler
Insightful One

@Gondola just one more thing , i have a new router that was delivered yesterday , i am not going to need it , i assume there is a returns bag in with it , i will return it monday .

Gondola
Community Star

Hi

There is usually a postage paid returns bag in the box when replacement equipment is supplied. But if the warehouse logistics have just pulled a new box from the pallet and not personalised the delivery then the OCE team can arrange a returns bag for you.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

skygrowler
Insightful One

i just opened it and there is a returns label , thanks

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Has the fault been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

seems to be but my line speed is down , i hope it will pick up over the next few days . 

i am a bit annoyed about the way online chat continually lied about my line checking out as ok when i had no internet , no phones and 4/5 openreach vans outside my house with every cover and cabinet open trying to repair a fault that i later learn affected at least two streets nearby .

they insisted on sending a new router when the online check from my end was showing no connection to the router !

total waste of everyones time .

anyway thanks for your help @OCE_Debbie and @Gondola 

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Apologies for this.

If the speed hasn't increased by Wednesday then please let us know and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

i will 😊