would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no internet

ANSWERED
Community Team
skygrowler
Insightful One

hi @OCE_Debbie  i don't know how long DLM takes to sort things out but it has been a week since the problem was sorted.

i said i would let you know how it was going , so here it is .

my connection seems to have settled at between 40-60 mbps and according to the website diagnostics it has been disconnecting quite a lot.

my line speed has also dropped quite a bit .

i was promised 79 mbps (which i have rarely seen ) but generally got about 73-74 .

can you do a few checks from your end as the engineer who came previously said all was ok in my house so i can only think it is down to something OR have done or not done.

thanks.

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

The line test is showing a line fault, this may need to go back to Openreach.

Is the landline working ok when making calls? Is the router currently at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

hi @OCE_Debbie my landline is dead.i cannot connect to the master socket as there is no power close to it because it is buried in a cupboard under the stairs .

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Is there no dialtone? When did you last use the phone? (was it working ok)

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

yes , no dial tone . last friday  1/11 i had an incoming call . 

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Is the phone at the master socket? I can then pass this over to Openreach to investigate the no dialtone fault.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

my mistake , i have dial tone at all sockets , the phone i tried was dead 😚

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

We will focus on the BB fault now. Where do you have your router connected? On an extension socket?

Has the faulty handset now been removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

yes the router is on an extension socket from the master .

the phone is no longer dead it was out of charge and is now working .

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Ok the best way to rule out any possible internal wiring issues would be to run a further line test with nothing connected to the line.

Would it be possible to remove the faceplate from the master socket for 1hr so I can run the line test again? (the phone and BB wont work whilst the face plate is removed)

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

so , just remove the face plate ?

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Yes please and post on this thread to let us know what time this will be removed.

Thank you 🙂

skygrowler
Insightful One

Removed now @OCE_Debbie 

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thank you. The line test is still detecting a possible fault so I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

You can now re connect the face plate, thank you for removing this for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

OK thanks 

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

No problem, we should hopefully have further updates from Openreach by Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

OK thanks @OCE_Debbie 

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

I've checked for an update and this fault is still showing with Openreach. Hopefully we should receive further updates later today.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

well an OR engineer turned up unexpectedly saturday morning and did various things inside the house i told him that i was under the impression that the fault was on the line and he went to speak to the engineer that was outside the house .

he then replaced several of the sockets including a new master socket with a dedicated internet socket and removed all the microfilters !

i haven't noticed any major difference but then my speed had increased to almost what it was before he came but i suppose it will take a while ? .