Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no-ip ddns setup on the hg635

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

hi, my router is the hg635, im having difficulty setting up ddns as it wants me to enter the details manually. the protocol is preset at GNUDip.http but i do not know the other details. could you help me find the server address, server port, hostname and domain name?
thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Please supply screenshots of what you have tried, so as I can help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick reply. please see attached screenshot2019-07-09.png

Highlighted
Community Star

Having just got home & checked up on this router, TalkTalk do not support No-IP on the HG633/635. I can ask TalkTalk if they would consider swapping it for one that does support this DDNS provider if you would like?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

hi again, thanks for the offer but i was delivered the talk talk hub a couple of weeks ago and i have to say i am not impressed. the wifi range is not as strong, and the thing keeps dropping wifi so i have to reboot every other day. (ddns works fine though). do you happen to know of another ddns provider that will work with the hg635 for free?

Highlighted
Community Star

As far as the hub goes, providing it is running firmware 2600, it has a far superior WiFi specification to the HG635. Did you do anything to diagnose this problem at all - I can help a lot with that.

Where the HG635 is concerned you can try DuckDNS which is free & excellent, but I have only ever tested it with the HG633 & the hub, so I can't make guarantees where the HG635 is concerned, as I have never had one. I can supply full DDNS config for DuckDNS if required.

Keith

Highlighted
Chatterbox

hi, i find that the download speed on the 635 is faster. i get 49mb on the 635 and 39mb on the hub. the speed seems to make a lot of difference to the kids games, now that every game seems to be run off an online server. i'd love to get the hub working and am open to suggestions. i tried calling for support but got the off shore call centre. they dont appear to be able to do much more than reset the router and tell me to "monitor it".

edit, i just got duck dns working first try so thanks for that.

Highlighted
Community Star

Is that speed from a speed test, or the router's downstream line rate?

Keith

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Speed test.net
Highlighted
Community Star

That will only give the overall speed, you need to break it down by first seeing what the router's downstream line rate is.

Keith

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I'm sure your right, it's just that there seems to be less lag and stutter on the 635 when kids play games. I've got everything working for now so I'm happy. Thanks for all your help
Highlighted
Community Star

That is fine. However, the most likely cause of your issues with the Wi-Fi Hub, is Wi-Fi interference, which can plague any router or access point.

Keith

Highlighted

Hi,

I have the HG633 Wireless Router, not sure of firmware, but it's stock, same as the day I received it.

Of course, I already knew it didn't support No-ip as a Dynamic DNS provider; judging from the very minimalist list of providers; something like 3, in the Router settings.

So, I'm just wondering which replacement Router can I get from TalkTalk, that will actually support No-ip, in the actual settings, from the get-go; right of the box on its stock firmware?

As I'm about due a Router replacement as it is anyway, going on the strength of having had it many years now and it's showing signs of wear. It's near obsolete.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Customer-Dissatisfied 

This is not your thread, you should really create your own. However, you should find the DSL-3782 supports this. Anything else, please create your own thread

Keith