Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

no wifi on other devices but showing all bars

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Popular Poster

have full wifi on tvs computers but not on other devices like phones and xbox also showing full signal on devices but wifi still not working

mark davies
Highlighted
Philosopher

Do you mean your devices are connected to the router's WiFi but they cannot access APPS or the Internet ?

Can you access internet on any devices ?

What router do you have and what lights are showing ?

Martin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Geodav245

Apologies for the delay.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then trying to connect again?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Not tried that yet thanks debbie
mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie tried the reset still the same problem 

mark davies
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Martin I have the superhub with  white light showing,my tvs and laptop work ok but still no internet or apps on other devices ie all mobiles and Xbox but they all have the full bars showing to say I have the wifi

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Thanks for your reply.

If you try and connect to the wireless again (forgetting the network first on your phone) and then connect again what happens?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Still full bars for Wi-Fi and it’s like loading but not loading in all devices ie mobiles and Xbox also TVs in other rooms
mark davies
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Still no Wi-Fi on other devices

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes please Debbie my other routers have been ok for me many thanks

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie thanks for the replacement router.bud I am having the same problem as before could it be something to do with switching over to fibre as I can’t work it out,

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Apologies for this.

Are any devices connecting ok (wireless and wired)

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

So I’m realy stuck on what to do now as I’ve also got a stressed out teenager wanting his Xbox and phone not working on Wi-Fi....

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Are wired devices working ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yes works on wired devices 

mark davies
Highlighted

Hi Geodav245

Thanks for your reply.

@KeithFrench provides really good advice on improving wireless performance. Could you help please Keith?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@Geodav245 I had a similar problem with a PS4 and an IPhone 7 when using the super hub. Oddly it only effected the iphone 7 though, there's also an iphone 5 & 6 at home and they connected just fine.

The issue was with the DNS settings (some devices don't seem to like the default TT DNS) so it may be worth changing the DNS addresses on the XBox (it's simpler to do on an XBox than a phone) to see if that works.

To manually set the DNS go to Settings-Network-Advanced Settings-DNS Settings-Manual. Set the Primary & Secondary to Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 respectively. Write dowen the old DNS addresses so you can change them back if it doesn't work.

If that doesn't work then it might be worth trying to "forget" the existing wifi network. The Xbox can't do that directly so it's probably simpler to try that on a phone. If it works on the phone I can talk you through how to do it on the xbox. 

To forget the network on an android go to Settings-network & internet-wifi-saved networks. Click on your network and hit forget.

On an iphone go to Settings-Wifi and tap the i next to your wifi network. Tap on forget and confirm.

You will then need to reconnect the phone to your wifi network using the wizard.

Hope this helps

Fritz