would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

notification process for doing port scans of work

4 REPLIES 4
stuart_smiles1
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Talktalk,

What is the process to notify you to not drop traffic, and for prior notification, that I may be going to do authorised port scans of work from a home address, would there also be a similar process for inbound towards home from either mobile or work addresses as well? 

Do you have a process to follow around notification please, if so, who are the appropriate people to contact, and what things should be put in place please?  

Are there any lead times to be aware of? 

Tools:

likely scanning with usual scanning tools, to devices on particular ranges, which can be notified seperately.  

Many thanks

Stuart

Thanks Stuart
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Stuart,

To me, that would sound like a non-starter, but I will pass it over to the OCEs for you now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi stuart_smiles1,

Just to advise, we don't have a process for this and this is not something that we support.

Thanks

stuart_smiles1
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Debbie,

how could you confirm that :

that means there's no requirement for notification,

no issue with such testing,

no blocking rules for any of that type of web testing /pen test scanning traffic? 

would there be an email address to send a notification to, other than concerns@talktalkplc.com ?

many thanks

stuart

Thanks Stuart
Community Team

Hi stuart,

Unfortunately this is not something we can help with. If there is any planned work/maintenance that would potentially affect your connection then you would be notified via our Service Status page, usually a couple of days in advance.

With regards to security testing, we conduct a number of regular tests and real time monitoring of our entire network and equipment, however we wouldn't share any information about this.

If you have any specific concerns or questions then we can try and answer them for you. 

Thanks