Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

openreach no-show

24 REPLIES 24
alalth
Conversation Starter

The openreach engineer who was booked for today hasnt turned up,so,er....what happens next?

He was booked yesterday by a live chat person.

Community Team

Hi alalth,

I'm really sorry for the delay in responding. Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

alalth
Conversation Starter

ive updated,thanks

Community Team

Hi alalth,

Thank you. Just to confirm, is this for a voice or broadband issue? Are you still experiencing this issue at the moment?

Thanks

alalth
Conversation Starter

Its my fibre broadband.

I was told that i had issues after trying the test your connection part.

I then spoke to an online person (via the keyboard) who did a line check then told me he would book a openreach engineer for Saturday.

Im still waiting.

alalth
Conversation Starter

im getting speed of less than 19,im supposed to get between 25 and 36.

Community Team

Hi alalth

Apologies for this.

Can I just check if your router is connected at the test socket?

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but the speed is below the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

alalth
Conversation Starter

I dont have a test socket,its seperate vdsl and phone inputs.

I have the line coming from the vdsl input to the talktalk wifi hub.

Community Team

Hi alalth,

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Chris

alalth
Conversation Starter

I have one phone socket with the line going directly to the router.

Community Team

OK thanks. So you don't have a telephone connected to your line? 

Chris

alalth
Conversation Starter

What i meant was i have one phone socket with vdsl and phone inputs as mentioned earlier with the phone  plugged in and router plugged in also

Community Team

OK thanks, does the voice service seems to be working OK, any noise on the line?

Chris

alalth
Conversation Starter

No noise,all sounds fine.

Community Team

Hi alalth,

Ok thanks for letting us know. The line tests are clear apart from one which shows a loop fault. This can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Just to confirm, have you ever tested with an alternative router? If not then we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes before arranging an engineer visit?

Thanks

alalth
Conversation Starter

I bought the wifi hub to replace a tplink n600 hoping it might make a difference but the speed is still the same as before.

Community Team

Hi alalth,

OK thanks, if you'd like us to pass this back to our network team and arrange another engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks
Chris

alalth
Conversation Starter

Have to say this isnt another engineer visit as i didnt get a first one,i accept charges if any and 1pm to 6pm would be fine

alalth
Conversation Starter

I still dont have a date for an engineer visit.

alalth
Conversation Starter

Info sent,thanks