Did you mean: 
Need help?

poor connection speed

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

38907 kbps connection speed 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Will see later on this evening as seems to be that time where all troubles start 

thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

OK, thanks for the update

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Had some issues just after midnight can’t download anything so turn speed test on and come up with 15 ping and 0.02 Mbps download didn’t wait for upload. Similar problem around 7 am no flashing lights on the router 

Highlighted

Hi Danny6

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Were any other devices in use and connected at this time?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi back again with the message from status check 16.31 14.10.19

The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.

Estimated speed: {{POS_MIN}} - {{POS_MAX}}

Recent speed: {{SPEED}}

Please use our guide for tips on how to improve your broadband speed. If you can't resolve the issue please speak to our team 

This is not the first time, getting this message very often it may be like this for long time as I’m not getting anything even close to 40Mb through cable to my pc, WiFi very similar speed. Is this speed boost doing anything to my connection? My connection speed is just a little bit above guaranteed but you advertise 67 in average, where is it then?  

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, what throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle sync speed is just below 38Mbps at the moment. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Status check still showing same message as yesterday and before: connection could be improved. I don’t know where is the problem but look like I’m having this since my last contract upgrade or for months at least and I wasn’t aware of it because never performed status check service and obviously not getting what I signed for.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Is there any chance to check history of my sync speed? Like trend or something like that. This could be for long time like this. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Status from router 21.40 15.10.19

Dn 38907kbps 

line att D0( 15.6) D1( 40.2) D2( 64.1) dB

Noise marg D0( 6.2) D1( 6.2) D2( 6.2) dB

Up 10074kbps 

line att U0( 7.3) U1( 33.5) U2( 51.4) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

noise marg U0( 7.4) U1( 6.1) U2( 6.0) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

The line test is still clear and the connection does look stable. I can only see your recent sync speed (last 14 days) and this looks consistent. I've re-read back through your thread and I can see from your first post that you tested with a few different routers.

Could I just confirm, was the replacement router connected for at least 48hrs as it can take up to 48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Using Netgear D6400 since mid September, 

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

I've passed this over to our Network Team and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks, will wait to see what’s going on.

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

Our Network Team are investigating and have asked if you can power down the router for a full 30 minutes at some point today please. They will then monitor the connection following this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok I’ll turn it off now 8.08am

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Router is back on.

Conversation Starter

sync speed 38649 and 10943 

if boost only removes cap of 40 mbps is no point to pay for it in my case. I’ve never had anything over 40 anyway. 

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

Thanks for confirming this. I've let our Network Team know now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks