Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

poor connection speed

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

after having poor speed for long time now and reciving new router nothing change and after performing line check yesterday it come up with 39mB and message it could be better, had online chat and they sending me another router to solve this, i know this is not router related i`ve had two different routers from my friends d link and netgear and connection speed is allways around 39mB no mather what, so please check this for me just dont waste money for sending me routers every month, i`m paying for faster fiber with speed boost obviously don`t expecting 67mB as advertising but 50 will be great instead of low 30, there is no extensions between master socket (test socket and microfilter now) and router, pc is connected by cable not wifi and average speed is 34-35 dn and 8-9 up. is dlm ? my profile need changing?

Regards

Dan

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dan,

Line test isn't picking up any issues and your sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum. 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi Chris,

currently using test socket with microfilter and phone is connected too, when no phone is connected is no difference

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

live data now

ADSL Link             Downstream                                                      Upstream

Connection Speed           39347 kbps                                          10077 kbps

Line Attenuation D0( 15.6) D1( 40.2) D2( 64.1) dB       U0( 7.3) U1( 33.5) U2( 51.4) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Noise Margin    D0( 6.0) D1( 6.0) D2( 6.1) dB       U0( 7.5) U1( 6.0) U2( 6.0) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

What is my guaranteed minimum speed?

Highlighted

Thanks for the information 

Is your telephone service OK? Do you have a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted

Guaranteed minimum sync speed is 35.3Mbps 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

no noises tel is ok

so if this guaranteed speed is lower than what i`m getting now means that everything is ok?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

just disconnected the phone only broadband is connected to microfilter and test socket

going to leave like this till tommorow

Highlighted

Hi Danny,

If the sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum then generally we can't raise it as a fault to Openreach

As you've disconnected the telephone can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi again,

A few days ago before I contacted TT status check was showing your line could be better and now my internet connection is very bad worse than before very unstable etc and status check showing you line is ok now

What is happening?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Is this speed boost working?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Is there any data or traffic cap?

Highlighted

Hi Danny,

The speed boost just removes the 40Mbps cap, it is active. There isn't a data or traffic cap.

If the connection is unstable we can look at this - how often does your connection drop?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris 

not sure how often is dropping sometime is ok for some period but sometimes can’t even read anything because is connected for a few seconds and reconnecting for half a minute my cctv is useless now for remote access is loading up to 60% and getting message network unstable reconnecting there was nothing like this before never had any issues with TT for years but now is so unreliable and frustrating 

Highlighted

OK thanks, Do the lights change on the router when the connection drops?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Not sure About the lights now working ok so can’t tell but router showing last reconnection 8h 34min ago 

Highlighted

OK thanks. Line test isn't showing any reconnections so far today or yesterday, one on the 6th

The next time it disconnects could you check the lights on the router

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

System is up over two days now I’ve been asked to turn it off for a half an hour.  Just service break last time 8 ish h ago. I’ll try to check the lights when it happens again. One more thing when performing speed test some time is parabolic between 38 and 25 or starts very fast and going down to low 20. Used to be other way start slow and growing to 38 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

At the moments running smooth as it should