Conversation Starter

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Just after 5am adsl link drop and reconnecting sync speed 39347 kbps

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Danny6,

Can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Router has been off for an hour and is back on now. 

Sync speed 

Dn 39011kbps Up 10913kbps

Sorry to say that but still under 40 Mb. 

Highlighted

OK thanks, I've passed this back to our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Danny6,

I've spoken to our network team and unfortunately they don't think there is anything further they can do to improve your sync speed. An engineer visit isn't really an options as your sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum.

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for trying to help me. I have a question about speed boost if it only removes 40Mbps speed cap why I’m paying for this? My sync speed is below that anyway and for sure it was like this from when the new upgraded contract starts long time ago. 

Highlighted
Chat Champion

My sync speed is at 40 mbps but I should be getting 76 🥴

AYTbit Studios
Highlighted

Hi Dan,

Yes I agree that there's little point having the speed boost. if you contact our Loyalty team they'll be able to remove it for you. I'm sorry that we couldn't help improve your speed

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Aytbit,

if you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This is bad news for me.

Any ideas what  the problem can be? Can different provider be able to increase sync speed? Where is the best to get any deeper information?

Highlighted

Line tests are passing and your line profile isn't limiting your speed, I've also checked your line history and showing very low error count over the last few days. I don't think moving to a new provider will improve your speed if still using same BT line as it just appears to be a limitation of your line

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for clarifying this.