Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

poor fibre broadband speed

Joseph3241
Team Player

Hi Chris!

If by "noise" you mean hisses, pops or crackles then the answer is no although it is sometimes hard to hear a caller as the volume is low. To be honest, we don't use the landline for outgoing calls as we both have mobile phones and calls are included in the sim package and are also a whole lot clearer. Might be worth TalkTalk checking the phone line though?

I've now disconnected the router from the test socket.

Cheers,

Joe

Community Team

OK thanks Joe. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates from our network team

Thanks

Chris

Joseph3241
Team Player

ookla.JPG

Community Team

Hi Joseph3241,

There are no updates yet so I'm chasing this up with our network team. If you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again for updates 

Thanks
Chris

Community Team

Hi Joseph3241,

Our network team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

Joseph3241
Team Player

Hi Chris!

Thanks for this. Let me think about it for a couple of days - I'm concerned that my wiring goes under the carpets and don't want to incur high charges if possible.

Joe

Community Team
Community Team

Hi Joseph3241,

We've received a further update from our network team, it's now been logged out as a non-appointed task, we should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for update 

Thanks

Chris

Joseph3241
Team Player

ookla.JPG

Community Team

Hi Joseph3241,

I'll chase this with our network team and let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Joseph3241,

Our network team say the fault has been cleared and closed by Openreach - is your router currently switched on and connected to your telephone socket?

Chris

Joseph3241
Team Player

Hi Chris!

My router is definitely switched on and plugged in. That's how I bumped the thread earlier and sent you a clip of my current speeds.

J

Community Team

OK thanks, could you another speed test please as your sync speed is now 38Mbps

Chris

Joseph3241
Team Player

I wish I could report 38 Mbps............back to square one!

J

ookla.JPG

Community Team

Hi Joe

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Joseph3241
Team Player

MARVELOUS!

I can't thank you and your team enough! You've all been so helpful!

Do you know where the problem was in case it should happen again?

Best wishes.

Joe

ookla.JPG

Community Team

Hi Joe

Thanks for keeping updated. Work was completed on the line by BT Openreach to resolve this fault.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie