Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

port forwarding for steam

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

IMG_20190918_191937.jpgIMG_20190918_192409.jpgIMG_20190918_192433.jpghi i am trying to setup steam port forwarding on the new sagem router and need help i have this from steam 

Required Ports for Steam

Which ports do I need to open on my router or firewall for Steam?

To log into Steam and download content:
  • HTTP (TCP remote port 80) and HTTPS (443)
  • UDP remote port 27015--27030
  • TCP remote port 27015--27030
Steam Client
  • UDP remote port 27000--27100: Game traffic
  • UDP local port 27031 and 27036: In-Home Streaming
  • TCP local port 27036 and 27037: In-Home Streaming
  • UDP remote port 4380
Dedicated or Listen Servers
  • TCP local port 27015 (default): SRCDS Rcon port
  • UDP local port 27015 (default): gameplay traffic
Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
  • UDP remote port 3478
  • UDP remote port 4379
  • UDP remote port 4380
Note:

Many university networks and proxies block required ports for Steam operation - please consult your network administrator to ensure the required ports are open if you are using a university network or a proxy. Ports required for Steam can not be re-mapped to HTTP or reconfigured to a custom port range.

Advanced

For generic Steam HTTP/HTTPS requests, your proxy should allow the following domains:

• steampowered.com
  • steamcommunity.com
  • steamgames.com
  • steamusercontent.com
  • steamcontent.com
  • steamstatic.com
  • akamaihd.net

Most of the non-web traffic is usually UDP but can be TCP as well. For that, the IPs will all be from the Valve network (AS32590), and a list of those IP blocks can be found here:

i want to set up a gaming server for the family that live all over the country

thanks barry

Highlighted
Community Star

I assume then from the list of all tye possible stream scenarios, you only need to forward TCP & UDP port 27015. Is this correct?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Keith this is where i`m lost i don`t know which one to do so as i can run a game server and my lad who wants it gets lost as well we are hoping you can help the game they want is farming simulator thanks barry

Highlighted
Wise Owl

I think to run a server you need to forward port 27015 for both UDP & TCP. 

I don't have the FAST 5364 so I can't walk you through it unfortunately (maybe Keith can) but basically the external & internal ports should match and you need to forward them to your IPv4 address (type IPConfig in CMD to get that).

Historically I've forwarded the following for both UDP & TCP (but I no longer play Steam games so maybe the ports have changed):

- 4379 to 4380

- 27000 to 27050

However looking at your pics what happens if you use the wizard and set two rules. One for Steam Client and one for Steam Server?

Fritz

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say give your PC a static IP address or reserve on the router

Highlighted
Community Star

It would have to be the server if connections are going to come in from the internet.

You will need to give the device hosting this steam server a DHCP Reserved IP address, or configure a static IP address on the device itself that is outside of the DHCP Pool IP address range.

This is what I used & it forwarded TCP 27015 perfectly & I see no reason to think it won't forward UDP 27015. When you Add the rule you will also need to Apply it:-

Steam Server.png

When I tested it, this is what https://portchecker.co/check reported:-

Steam Server Port Checker.png

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

OP follow Keith's post above. He's nailed it!!

You don't really want to open the other ports unless you have to as there is a (small) security risk opening ports.

Fritz

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi basilbrush909,

How are you getting on, has the advice helped?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hi all thinks for the help i`ve been away with work so not had time to look at it yet but will do soon thanks barry

Highlighted

OK, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi all i just had a go from all the info you have given me but this is as far as i get no matter what i put into the ip address bar i get this answer IMG_20190923_193211.jpg

Highlighted
Community Star

You can't put the public address in there, it must be the private address of the device in question which will typically be something like 192.168.1.x.

Keith

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hi all just a quick update i`m now waiting for me son to came over to sort this out he knows more than me on this and it`s him that want me to run the server so thanks for all the help i`ll let you know how he gets on 

Highlighted

Hi basilbrush909

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie