cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

"Communication Error With Gateway" (WIFI Hub)

2 REPLIES 2
Gavona
Chat Champion

Several times over the last few months we have lost connection to the internet.  The light on the WiFi Hub remains white.  The only solution seems to be to re-start the router (leaving it off for 30 mins).

When the problem presents, we can reach the login page of the router but on entering the password we get an error "Communication error with gateway" and the password clears. (so login fails).

Windows 10 troubleshooter tells us: "The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the Internet is broken ... More Details: The network gateway is accessible, but Windows couldn't receive network traffic from the Internet. "

I am using TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K10002600t

Restarting the modem has so far completely resolved those issues.  However the logfile is particularly unhelpful as it does not appear to log everything and many entries are dated 2013.  Even with the most detailed reporting specified (Debug) the most recently dated entry is 1 November! (I keep the router on 24/7) I think I recall seeing this issue reported in another thread so it is probably not in itself indicating a problem with the router more with the software relating to the log file.

So, (i) why am I losing connection - can anything be done to solve it.

(ii) Why am I unable to login to the router - does this actually suggest a problem with the router is at the heart of the issues?

Thanks in advance,

G

Thanks,
Gavona
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Gavona 

There are bugs associated with the system log currently. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gavona

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie