Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

"Faster Fibre" abysmal speeds for around 2 weeks

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Chatterbox

For around 2 weeks my fibre has been slowing, it got to the point where the service status was stating i was only receiving 9mb instead of the advertised 35-40, so i spoke to the chat team who informed me my router was faulty. The new router arrived on monday and i installed it straight away still no improvement infact it is getting worse it states i am receiving 5mb on the service status.

Tranquilo412_0-1581014645186.png

how ever when i do my own independent speed checks im lucky to be receiving 3mb down

Tranquilo412_1-1581014703696.png

now the chat team keep stating it has a transitional period with a new router but the speeds should not be like this at all. The fibre may aswell be none existent in my house. They have multiple test on my lines and there are no faults. but why should i have to pay for a service of this poor standard. how would they like it if they had to work with conditions like this or in their own home!!

This is beyond a joke!!  

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Tranquilo412

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, I can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have updated that for you. And yes my router is connected to the master socket and my line is clear to save you asking.

Highlighted

Hi Tranquilo412

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test has detected a possible fault so I have raised this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the fast reply and sorting the issue, just a bit frustrating when I was told on 2 occasions the line was fine by the online chat function.

Highlighted

Hi Tranquilo412

Apologies for this.

Hopefully Openreach will resolve this fault as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi I was just wondering if there was any update on my line fault yet 

Highlighted

Hi Tranquilo412

This fault is still under investigation with Openreach. We should have further updates by tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi is there an update in regards to this yet?

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Solution

Hi the engineer has fixed the line and I’m back to getting full speeds. Thanks for all your help!

Highlighted

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris