would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

sagemcom 5364: Reserving IP Addresses

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
MKhan1
Team Player

HI, I just got my new router and I wanted to reserve IP addresses based on mac address.

I read couple of posts and this has been suggested that a new firmware will do that. Can you please update my firmware to latest version.

Source: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Reserving-IP-Addresses-on-TalkTalk-Sagemcom-Fast... ip&search_type=thread

KeithFrench
Community Star

Yes, you are correct about the later firmware. Hopefully, if you turn the router off for a minimum of 30 mins it will get the new firmware sometime over the weekend. If it doesn't, let me know & I will ask an OCE to do it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

MKhan1
Team Player

Hi, thank you very much. It seems to be updated now. The new version i see is 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

To allocate a different IP address to the device, it is necessary to go into the main DHCP configuration at:-

Dashboard > Manage my devices > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub > DHCP

reserve address.pngThen click the Add Reserved Address button, select the device’s friendly name if configured (bear in mind the bug that still exists in f/w 2600 that causes the friendly address not remembered) & set the address you want to use.

The device will still be using its old IP address at this point, to use the new address disconnect the device from the hub & reconnect it. It does take a couple of minutes to update in the Hub’s Device management page, but check the address on the device itself & this should have updated now.

An error message will be received if the new address is already in use. If nothing is using that address any more, but it still comes up with this error, give it about five minutes & it should be available again.

When viewing the current list of reserved IP addresses already configured, some may from time to time be listed like this, where the Device Name has been replaced with Add MAC Address:-

Hub not connected.png

What has happened here is that the device in question is not currently connected to the Hub, but the reservation still exists. The next time it connects all will be listed as expected.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

MKhan1
Team Player
thank you. Its been sorted with your advice.